Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good overview of Tesla's current situation in Financial Post

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jeeps17

Cath Jockey in a P85
Mar 17, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Found this article to be better documented than average, and a nice summary of where Tesla is today.

Financial Post - Will Tesla take off in Canada?

My favourite quote:

"But Dennis DesRosiers, president of DesRosiers Automotive Consultants, said he estimated Tesla has only delivered “a few hundred” vehicles in the country. While those sales figures are extremely low, Mr. DesRosers said if you ask any Porsche dealer in Toronto what keeps them up at night, “it’s Tesla,” he said."

:biggrin:

Nice. Thanks, Jeeps17. Not sure why the factory in Fremont - given its theoretical production capacity and current unused space - is not "scalable" though; we know that the real problem is the battery supply and the need for a Gigafactory on that front.

Btw, isn't Mr. Jaffray Stevenson our own "Jaff"?!

"But Dennis DesRosiers, president of DesRosiers Automotive Consultants, said he estimated Tesla has only delivered “a few hundred” vehicles in the country. While those sales figures are extremely low, Mr. DesRosers said if you ask any Porsche dealer in Toronto what keeps them up at night, “it’s Tesla,” he said."

Few hundred? Try almost 700 in Ontario alone!

I was told just yesterday at the Victoria, BC test drive event (by a Tesla employee with very credible knowledge) that Vancouver sales recently outpaced Seattle sales. I would say that qualifies for "ignition" north of the border. Tesla believes, as I do, that there is enormous pent-up demand in the greater Vancouver area. It recently became the most expensive city to live in world-wide, out-pacing London, Hong Kong, New York. Once its wealthy car-savvy population hits critical mass, you are going to see a river of transporters up the I-5. :wink:

Last edited: