Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good Review of Model S on Engadget

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I'm still waiting for one of these "mixed" reviews to be updated by the author, noting what seemingly all EV drivers discover. Something like:
When I began this review of the Lexus/BMW/Mercedes/Porsche/Cadillac it was just after reviewing the Tesla Model S. I forgot how crappy any ICE feels to drive after that experience so I'll won't bother with the description of how "last century" all other vehicles drive and handle compared to a Model S and get on to the important stuff like interior appointments and blind spot monitoring.

Might be a long wait.

Given that all those reviews are paid by advertising, I think long wait describes it perfectly.

I don't think he's that negative about the MS, I think it's a great car for a company that only exists for about 10 years and can't wait until i get mine.
But the points he makes about the finish are valid and i read some irony in his comment about the acceleration.
I do think this guy could use a shave though :cool:

really? i thought he was an annoying, condescending hipster. and like all hipsters, since he didn't discover it, he tries oh-so-hard to play it cool and appear unimpressed.

Motor Trend, Automobile, WSJ... practically everyone gushes over the P85, but this guy says it's "not at the level of BMW and Mercedes" yet due to some stupid interior features.

he actually says acceleration is "4.4 seconds, which is pretty healthy... for a 4500lb sedan". uh NO, it's "pretty healthy" for a 2,500lb sports car. this car's (3.9 second actually) acceleration is almost miraculous.

god i hate hipsters...

sPSpm24681.jpg

I had never heard of hipsters. And I suspect many Europeans with me. I recognise that kind of person, though. Very funny description and I think I have to agree with KDog, hahaha.