Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good Video for Mastering Tesla Screen and Functions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jpfive

Supporting Member
Oct 31, 2019
Pensacola, FL
Can anybody recommend a good video primer on setup and display? You tube?

I took delivery last night in cold pouring rain, with very little light. No time, inclination or visibility to give a good inspection. Since it was a home delivery, also no checkout. Good news is that, by morning light (still raining), no apparent damage or panel misalignment.

SOC on delivery was 49%. Car has been on 120V overnight. I need enough to get to Tallahassee (200 miles), or at least to the SC in Defuniak Springs. Anyone like to suggest a safe SOC to accomplish this in a LR AWD? My wall connector arrived yesterday but will not be installed until after Christmas.

You are going to want at least 90% charge to go that 200 miles, in my opinion. The fastest you will charge on 120v is 5 miles an hour. It may be slower than that, depending on battery temperature.

Is there no supercharger anywhere close to you (within 5-10 miles?).

As far as learning about the car, have you checked out the manual? It covers most things, and is loaded on the touch screen in the car as well. Tesla has some how to videos as well. The best place to start is the manual or tesla's website in my opinion.

Model 3 Support Videos | Tesla

You are going to want at least 90% charge to go that 200 miles, in my opinion. The fastest you will charge on 120v is 5 miles an hour. It may be slower than that, depending on battery temperature.

Is there no supercharger anywhere close to you (within 5-10 miles?).

As far as learning about the car, have you checked out the manual? It covers most things, and is loaded on the touch screen in the car as well. Tesla has some how to videos as well. The best place to start is the manual or tesla's website in my opinion.

Model 3 Support Videos | Tesla

No SC in Pensacola yet. Imminent they say. Wall connector will make that superfluous. Supercharger enroute, in DeFuniak - trip planner takes me there with juice to spare.

I've read the manual, and will continue to. Occasionally, things are hard to find there. Case in point. I cannot find how to dis[play odometer - or perhaps it is hidden in plain sight. Where is it BTW..? :) I'm still excited about the car, so that could well be in my current state.

No SC in Pensacola yet. Imminent they say. Wall connector will make that superfluous. Supercharger enroute, in DeFuniak - trip planner takes me there with juice to spare.

I've read the manual, and will continue to. Occasionally, things are hard to find there. Case in point. I cannot find how to dis[play odometer - or perhaps it is hidden in plain sight. Where is it BTW..? :) I'm still excited about the car, so that could well be in my current state.

Congratulations on your tesla, btw!

Can find mileage in a couple places.

1.In the Tesla app, at the bottom of the "main screen" that displays the car, you can find your car / model / mileage
2. in the car, if you touch the tesla icon at the top of the screen, you should be able to see the mileage (page 6 in the version of the manual I have, but may be a different page in the manual version you have):
==================================
The Tesla "T"
Touch the Tesla "T" at the top center of the touchscreen to display:
• Vehicle name (see Naming Your Vehicle on page 97).
• Battery size.
Odometer.
• Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
• Version of software currently installed on your Model 3.
• Release notes associated with the currently-installed software version.

• This owner's manual
• One-touch access to call Tesla Customer Support and Roadside Assistance.
• One-touch access to all discovered Easter Eggs (see Easter Eggs on page 165).

Reactions: jpfive
Thanks for the helpful replies. I've viewed the Tesla videos many times. However, I have found more helpful videos and tutorials on you-tube.

I have a question on the Mobile App. Does Tesla have to register the delivery of my car before it becomes functional? That has not happened yet.

Also, how do you populate the vehicle card in the lower left? I only see a graphical representation of the car itself. No information displays. I would like to put the odometer readout there, and also tire pressures.

Thanks for the helpful replies. I've viewed the Tesla videos many times. However, I have found more helpful videos and tutorials on you-tube.

I have a question on the Mobile App. Does Tesla have to register the delivery of my car before it becomes functional? That has not happened yet.

Also, how do you populate the vehicle card in the lower left? I only see a graphical representation of the car itself. No information displays. I would like to put the odometer readout there, and also tire pressures.

The app should have been active on delivery, but if its not, you should contact tesla.

On your second question, I suspect you are talking about the cards that show under the lower left, on the main screen. If those are the ones you are talking about, they are not configurable in the way you are talking about. With that being said, one card shows tire pressures, and another shows the trip meters.

If I remember correctly, swiping left shows the card with the tire pressures, swiping right shows the trip meter card, and once on the trip meter card you can swipe up (toward the top of the screen) to access the second trip meters.

The app should have been active on delivery, but if its not, you should contact tesla.

On your second question, I suspect you are talking about the cards that show under the lower left, on the main screen. If those are the ones you are talking about, they are not configurable in the way you are talking about. With that being said, one card shows tire pressures, and another shows the trip meters.

If I remember correctly, swiping left shows the card with the tire pressures, swiping right shows the trip meter card, and once on the trip meter card you can swipe up (toward the top of the screen) to access the second trip meters.

Ahhh... Beginning to understand. Right now only three cards are in the swipe. There should be more?

Ahhh... Beginning to understand. Right now only three cards are in the swipe. There should be more?

Ill have to check when I get in my car today, as I dont remember off the top of my head how many are there. I know there is a tire pressure one that shows what the TPMS thinks the tire pressures are, and I know there at lease a couple of trip meters (and you can change the name of them). Many of us have re named one of the trip meters "Lifetime Do not Reset" to keep track of our lifetime energy usage.