Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good window tint shops in Socal area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is one with our favorite Spectra Photosync IRD combo. Here are some pics for reference.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

30% sides, rears, and moonroof & 70% front windshield.

anywhere in the IE? specifically temecula/murrieta/elsinore?

i'm thinking about driving down to SD because i want to get photosync and haven't been able to find a local installer, but i'd rather stay closer to home if i can.

I have used "Any Tint " in Riverside for my last 4 cars. The website is kind of ghetto and it's a no frills shop but they do a really good job and you'd be hard-pressed to beat their prices. They did a great job on our Model 3. I highly recommend them.

Any Tint Window Tinting - 3m window tint, paint protection, clear bra, auto window tinting

I have used "Any Tint " in Riverside for my last 4 cars. The website is kind of ghetto and it's a no frills shop but they do a really good job and you'd be hard-pressed to beat their prices. They did a great job on our Model 3. I highly recommend them.

Any Tint Window Tinting - 3m window tint, paint protection, clear bra, auto window tinting

thanks. i've been back and forth on photosync vs crystalline too, if i go with crystalline i'll have to look into that. i guess i might as well get a quote anyway, i know photosync is crazy expensive.

It sounds like the latest photosync film is the industry leader. But there is one issue with Photosync. At least in my area, there is only one factory authorized installer in a very large geographic area. This means I would have to drive a very long distance just to get my car tinted. This also means that there is no competition among different installers so the prices remain high.

When you become a Photosync or Crystaline dealer, you have to go through a lot of hoops to prove you're a worthy shop. With Photosync specifically, you then must hit certain annual quotas, after you spend a lot for your initial buy-in. But, you are then given geographical exclusivity. They also have set Manufacturer Authorized Pricing. If you sell their film for less than those MAP numbers, they will stop selling you their film.

Sunshield Tint in Van Nuys (close to Van Nuys and Ventura). Don't go anywhere else. Ask for Hamid. He is the guru of all gurus when it comes to tint. I've been taking my cars to him for the past 20 years and he is also the trusted tint guy for many of the car dealers (including exotics) in the San Fernando Valley.

Called Sunshield today, they said they can tint the roof but don't guarantee if it cracks. They will make you sign a waiver. Is it common to other tint shops?

Sunshield Tint in Van Nuys (close to Van Nuys and Ventura). Don't go anywhere else. Ask for Hamid. He is the guru of all gurus when it comes to tint. I've been taking my cars to him for the past 20 years and he is also the trusted tint guy for many of the car dealers (including exotics) in the San Fernando Valley.

Hamid from Sunshield has been great in the past, but his quotes seem to be on par with most other LA shops now.
He quoted $850 for 3M Crystalline on the regular windows, plus $250 for the windshield (I assume the additional price for sun roof as well).

Extreme Autowerks
www.extremeautowerks.net
Facebook - www.facebook.com/extremeaw

Check out Extreme's Facebook or Instagram page. They do tons of Teslas and carries the best heat blocking window film in the industry. Spectra Photosync IRD. Spectra PhotoSync IRD® | Prestige

We've tested it against the likes of all of the major brands and Photosync IRD stands out above the others. The IRD like came out last year and improved what was already the best in the industry. There are lots of posts on the forums about Photosync. Hope this helps.

(September 2020)
Extreme Autowerks quoted for Photosync Spectra film:

$1295 for side & rear window
$395 for windshield
$350 for sun roof

Reactions: MonsterCarter