Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodbye Boombox.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could never understand any good reason a driver would need to broadcast any sound to outside the car.

So, while the automation is still hitting stationary obstacles (first responder vehicles, San Jose green Bollard...) but after many hours of researching and fine-tuning the best and most modern fart sound, wouldn't you want to make it a priority to broadcast that noise to the world?

So, while the automation is still hitting stationary obstacles (first responder vehicles, San Jose green Bollard...) but after many hours of researching and fine-tuning the best and most modern fart sound, wouldn't you want to make it a priority to broadcast that noise to the world?

That. There's a lot of Tesla and EV hate out there already on the roads. Semi-rude personalized license plates on electric cars (eg. "FK_GAS"), the obsession on drag racing take offs, blaring obnoxious music to the outside, including those fart sounds, aren't doing anything positive for electric car adoption. Innovation may have many forks and paths in the road. You gotta try new things. But some routes might be best to detour completely. I find it difficult to think that Tesla is still not prioritizing more basic company missions and values such as proper service, quality builds, etc. He may say a lot about quality and service, but it still comes up a little short. ~50% of this forum's posts are about those two things.

Meanwhile they're wasting their resources on human robots and perhaps a Tesla phone (rumor only)? Keeping to core values keeps a company on track and allows them to stay in business, or at least stay the strongest player in the long term. Too many weird distractions can erode a company's resources and prospective and current customer's confidence. Elon has too many toys out on his living room floor. He might be best to put some of them away. Obviously, my opinion, which seems to be a minority.

Reactions: Chisale
That. There's a lot of Tesla and EV hate out there already on the roads. Semi-rude personalized license plates on electric cars (eg. "FK_GAS"), the obsession on drag racing take offs, blaring obnoxious music to the outside, including those fart sounds, aren't doing anything positive for electric car adoption. Innovation may have many forks and paths in the road. You gotta try new things. But some routes might be best to detour completely. I find it difficult to think that Tesla is still not prioritizing more basic company missions and values such as proper service, quality builds, etc. He may say a lot about quality and service, but it still comes up a little short. ~50% of this forum's posts are about those two things.

Meanwhile they're wasting their resources on human robots and perhaps a Tesla phone (rumor only)? Keeping to core values keeps a company on track and allows them to stay in business, or at least stay the strongest player in the long term. Too many weird distractions can erode a company's resources and prospective and current customer's confidence. Elon has too many toys out on his living room floor. He might be best to put some of them away. Obviously, my opinion, which seems to be a minority.
I think Elon is correct to focus on humanoid robots. And they are definitely not a waste of time or money.

Given the "Great Resignation" attitude of many workers, there is a ready-made market for these robots. As they say "if the job is boring, dangerous, or repetitive get a robot to do it." McDonald's is already part-way there with their ordering kiosks reducing headcount. And we use ATMs to get rather than stand in line at the bank and do the rest of our banking on our phones. It won't be long before the manufacturing of things like cars is largely robotic. A key issue is the dexterity of workers, but the robots Tesla is training can probably do better than a human at that. And any assembly line work is by definition purposely repetitive and boring.