Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodyear ElectricDrive 2 Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, I would not use your sealant liquid on a tire with foam because I would be concerned about it affecting the TPMS , but how do you know it won't work through the foam?
If you have a puncture that is in the area of the tire that has foam over it, the sealant can't reach the puncture to seal it. Even Slime says so:

If you have a puncture that is in the area of the tire that has foam over it, the sealant can't reach the puncture to seal it. Even Slime says so:

Huh, interesting since Tesla's own tire pump comes with the tire foam....

Slime tire sealant is very very viscous and has harder (rubber?) particles in it that I can see getting caught in the foam and not reaching the puncture.

The tire sealant that Tesla sells is different, and more like Fix-A-Flat. That's a lot less viscous and can possibly make it through the foam to seal a puncture.

I wonder if anybody has done any tests before. If not, that would probably be a good idea for a YouTube video and would probably get a lot of views.

Edit: I looked up more info on Fix-A-Flat, and it says not to use it on quiet tires with the foam liner Can Fix-a-Flat be used to treat punctures in quiet tires?

Slime tire sealant is very very viscous and has harder (rubber?) particles in it that I can see getting caught in the foam and not reaching the puncture.

The tire sealant that Tesla sells is different, and more like Fix-A-Flat. That's a lot less viscous and can possibly make it through the foam to seal a puncture.

I wonder if anybody has done any tests before. If not, that would probably be a good idea for a YouTube video and would probably get a lot of views.

Edit: I looked up more info on Fix-A-Flat, and it says not to use it on quiet tires with the foam liner Can Fix-a-Flat be used to treat punctures in quiet tires?
It's all the same stuff for the most part. One company may claim they have better binding agents or more fibers for better sealing but there is probably no discernable difference. If one of them fails with foam, they all will.