Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google earth EV1 sightings

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
I don't think Google Street View had much of a pre-2007 data set to work with.
As far as I know, the Street View cars started doing photo runs through minor streets only later.

The "Google Maps" / "Google Earth" view from above dataset was different. They had old Keyhole data going way back.
So, yeah, the view from above could have been old, but the I think the Street View points to much more recent acquisition.

I had noticed that Street View images on my own residential street were often within months of current, so I don't think they intentionally delay them very much.

qwk

P130DL
Dec 19, 2008
OK, so I finally got a chance to play with google streetview on my other computer. I looked at a whole lot of different familiar locations, in various states. ALL of the older images that I tried to zoom into get really blurry to the point where it's hard to identify vehicles other than by color. The more rural the place, the older the pics seem to be.

Since this EV1 has really good resolution pics, these might be recent images so there is a possibility it is a survivor. I wouldn't bank on it though.

Anybody here live close enough to this location that could go "snoop" a little?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC