TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Google sheets Supercharger data

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by David99, Jan 4, 2016.

1. David99

David99 Active Member

I'm creating a Google spread sheet to calculate trips between many Superchargers. I have a lot of data I can automatically calculate, it works well, but I want to auto calculate the time I need to charge at a Supercharger.

I have the battery percentage when I arrive and to how much I have to charge. I also have the Supercharger charge curve. What I can't figure out is a way to calculate the charge-time going say from 10% to 60% based on the SuC charge curve. Anyone can help me with that?

2. austinEV

austinEV Active Member

Yep, see enclosed. The charge_time tab is my attempt to reverse engineer the charging curve from the website.

View attachment travel_legs_2.xlsx

3. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

#3 ItsNotAboutTheMoney, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    kW = kWh/h

You first need to translate kWh into %SoC, then any kW rate gives you %SoC/h.

Then
    1) if you have a nice function that describes %SoC/h for a given %SoC you can use calculus: you'd need the integral, and then you can do integral(high) - integral(low) to calculate the time taken.
    EDIT: er, wait, no, not quite. You'd want the reciprocal that gives h/%SoC, then integrate over %SoC to give you hours.

2) if you have a table of discrete rates at different %SoC, then you could:
    a) calculate a conservative average rate between subrange of %SoC
    b) then time = sum[pairs of %SoC]( (<high %SoC> - <low %SoC>) /<average %SoC/h> )

To help understand the second case, imagine you had a _constant_ charging rate of X%SoC/h.
    Then it would be easy to calculate the time: (stop% - start%)/X hours.
    If you can break down the start to stop range into parts, each with own average charging rate, you can calculate the time for each part and then add them up.

4. David99

David99 Active Member

Thanks for the help. I'll keep playing around and see what I can do.

@audstinEV I imported yours but it seems you entered the charge time by hand. That's what I have been doing so far as well looking up the data, but I wanted to automate it.

5. austinEV

austinEV Active Member

Yes. I had not completed what you are trying either, but I do include a formula in there that equates time and SOC.

6. David99

David99 Active Member

I just realized I only looked at the first page LOL #facepalm Thanks again! I will play with it!