Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got 17.42.a. XM folder list back and smoother stopping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed 17.42.a and 2 big pluses I’ve seen so far

1) For those of us who have long struggled with the horrible XM interface, at least the folder list is now fully populated on my car for the moment. I didn’t take a pic but there were a bunch of folders. So many that you have to scroll through them

2) On surface streets with TACC engaged prior to this update, stopping behind a car was very abrupt when either too far behind a car or coming up on a car quickly. It seems much smother now and seems to see cars in front of you from a longer distance

xm1.jpg.JPG
xm2.jpg.JPG

Here are 2 screenshots of the current XM folder list

Reactions: boaterva
I've confirmed our S 100D now has the station list. Though we had it for about 24 hours a few months ago, before it disappeared again.

Will have to see if we still have it tomorrow before declaring this has been fixed.

If you start seeing the station list show up, it doesn't show up all at once, it takes time for the media player to get all of the station data, so don't panic if you're missing some of the stations initially.

It’s gone!! The interface gods granted me 5 days or so of folders

No more folder list now except “entertainment”

I saw in another post that they couldn’t use voice control to request a song or artist after their folders were fully populated. So I tried to request a song via voice command and sure enough, nothing. I rebooted and be voice control came back and the folders disappeared
Guess it’s one or the other
You gotta be kidding

It’s gone!! The interface gods granted me 5 days or so of folders

No more folder list now except “entertainment”

I saw in another post that they couldn’t use voice control to request a song or artist after their folders were fully populated. So I tried to request a song via voice command and sure enough, nothing. I rebooted and be voice control came back and the folders disappeared
Guess it’s one or the other
You gotta be kidding

I’m not very bright
When I rebooted I was in our garage, no XM reception there
After driving car today, the Sirius XM folder list is back, and voice searches for music is also working

Installed 17.42.a and 2 big pluses I’ve seen so far

1) For those of us who have long struggled with the horrible XM interface, at least the folder list is now fully populated on my car for the moment. I didn’t take a pic but there were a bunch of folders. So many that you have to scroll through them

2) On surface streets with TACC engaged prior to this update, stopping behind a car was very abrupt when either too far behind a car or coming up on a car quickly. It seems much smother now and seems to see cars in front of you from a longer distance

I was a dedicated XM listener in previous cars and sure wish I could ad it to my new model X but tesla says there is NO WAY. does anyone know otherwise?

TuneIn is horrible for CNN and can't even get CNBC etc (other than via Bluetooth from my phone). I listen to news and financials channels a lot. on TuneIn the commercials are LONGGGGG, very repetitive, and annoying. not the same as over the air commercials. seems to me TuneIn is scamming their customers by saying "we play your commercial xxx times per hour." right....but I hear the same one so often I just turn it off!

I was a dedicated XM listener in previous cars and sure wish I could ad it to my new model X but tesla says there is NO WAY. does anyone know otherwise?

I am guessing the X doesn't have the antenna installed like the pano roof S. You could sign up for the XM radio streaming service and listen via your phone, or add a aftermarket XM receiver into the car.

TuneIn is horrible for CNN and can't even get CNBC etc (other than via Bluetooth from my phone). I listen to news and financials channels a lot. on TuneIn the commercials are LONGGGGG, very repetitive, and annoying. not the same as over the air commercials. seems to me TuneIn is scamming their customers by saying "we play your commercial xxx times per hour." right....but I hear the same one so often I just turn it off!
You can stream it using the Sirius XM app

Tesla should contract with Sirius XM to get an XM app added to Tesla cars - so that vehicles without the antenna can access the XM streaming service.

For road trips, XM is useful - especially to listen to live sports broadcasts of local teams when we're out of town - that are blocked from other streaming services.

Reactions: isjka