Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got 2019.8.5 tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As someone who is waiting and jealous...

Cool.gif

Just got home, and received the update. Seems like more of an update-to-the-previous-update, as it basically said the same features were 'new'. The only difference I found was the automatic lane changes on Navigate on Auto Pilot.

I got mine.
I connected to WiFi. Rebooted computer and left the car.
About 1 hour later I noticed I had notification on my phone about software update being ready.

I wished the new update would have single mirror tilt in reverse.

I don't think that's true.

I just went out to the car to create a Junk profile and test this out then get all indignant in my reply. However,

I couldn't get it to save an adjusted setting for the mirror position when putting the Model 3 into reverse. I tried saving a position in Reverse with the mirrors only tilted slightly less than default as well as tilting one of the mirrors up. Neither returned to that saved position after adjusting/saving it and then putting the car into Drive and then back into Reverse. In these cases, both mirrors returned to default positions of being slightly titled down from the Drive position, which wasn't getting adjusted by my changes when the car was in Reverse.

I'm positive that initially, I had reduced the amount the mirrors tilted when going into reverse. I have a LR RWD Model 3 originally delivered with 2018.18.13 software, now on 2019.8.5.

Maybe Tesla changed the software in the last 10 months or maybe I just talked myself into seeing a change in the behavior when I tried adjusting the side mirrors during reverse. I use the side mirrors as secondary to the camera on the main display so I only pay attention to lateral positioning using the side mirrors, so their actual vertical adjustment isn't important to me.