Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got blue ink on white seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used lexol leather cleaner (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005H7DRQA) on my tan seats
Rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer (pretty much a gel form of rubbing alcohol) tackle ink well. But DON’T RUB, blot. I would probably use a q-tip to apply and a cloth to blot, starting with the tiniest of areas to see what I’m up against.

My wife just said basically the same thing. For dye transfer from dark blue jeans on my tan model s leather seats I used lexol leather cleaner (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005H7DRQA) and it worked extremely well. That ink spot looks nasty though.

I had some lotion kinda stuff on the black seat, now they look like grease smears on it. I tried soapy water, windex and none worked.
Just wondering, is it safe to use real leather conditioner or cleaner on Model 3 car seats since they are not real leather?
Can't believe those black car seats are so high maintenance.

upload_2018-10-15_12-43-36.png

my domestic uses this on white leather couch in my house,
it looks to be very soft and soapy,
but took off some really deep discolorations!

So I tried alcohol wipes, WD40, magic eraser and none of those hardly made a difference. Looked online for other tips for ink stains and found one talking about spray-on sun screen for blue ink on a white couch.
I will start by saying to make sure you rub VERY gently if you have to go this route. I sprayed some on a Q-tip then started rubbing on the ink and noticed a difference right away. My problem was I got to rubbing a little harder trying the previous options to no avail so I should have gone easier with the sun screen. After a couple running and wiping sessions I noticed that the surface of the seat started to get small abrasions. The stain is not completely gone, but I didn’t want to go any further with the spot showing wear. It’s still visible if you know where to look, but at least it doesn’t jump out at you like it did before.
C0E2A0AF-1E00-42AA-A0E0-AA7D049932B4.jpeg
053717DD-F939-4EA3-8066-460463822B4A.jpeg

Have about an inch line of blue ball point pen ink on side panel of my white mY. I've tried windex, WD40, Unstik, to no avail. Whats the next step? Acetone?
I read not to use acetone because it will discolor it, so I’m not sure, too nervous to try it lol. I have a purple pen stain on my seat now that my lovely daughter did (by accident). I’m trying everyone’s trick. Wd40 doesn’t seem to work.