Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunblock on Leather Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

My vegan leather seats are covered in sunblock stains which have been there for years.

What’s the safest way to get rid of them? I tried baby wipes but it won’t come out.

I have rubbing alcohol by my son says not to use it as it will ruin the seats.

Any advice?

Some things to read:

Try looking on Ultrafabrics (believed to be the manufacturer of the fabric) for their cleaning advice. There use to be a big section on what to use abd more importantly what not to use. Unfortunately some products listed have US names.

Tend to agree with Duzel....if you'd tackled this straight away, I'm pretty sure removal would have been largely possible.

Years later, much, much less so.

Yes, the only hope is that because it's a plastic material it won't have soaked into fibres but nevertheless the action of time and UV may have set the stain permanently. It's not been specifically stated if the seats are white or black. Hard to believe that you could choose a white finish then not be removing stains at the time of occurrence.

Reactions: Durzel
Reactions: Durzel
Don’t use alcohol if you can help it.

The seats are poly urethane, otherwise known as plastic. Just use a mild detergent on a soft cloth, pretty much any household cleaner would be fine be it a £1 bottle of household multipurpose cleaner or some overpriced £5+ multipurpose cleaner in a tiny bottle marketed at car cleaning.

Try looking on Ultrafabrics (believed to be the manufacturer of the fabric) for their cleaning advice. There use to be a big section on what to use abd more importantly what not to use. Unfortunately some products listed have US names.

For those still guessing what to use and how, here are the manufacturers (99% certain they are/were) instructions and approved products.

tl;dr

One of the best ways to keep Ultrafabrics looking great is through proper maintenance and regular cleaning to prevent excessive dirt from accumulating. To help keep your quality fabrics looking their
best, follow these guidelines to extend the life of the fabric:
• Wipe up spills as soon as they occur
• Clean with soap and water
• Sanitize using disinfectants such as (1:5) bleach/water solution
• For stubborn stains, wipe off with isopropyl alcohol as soon as possible*
• Thoroughly rinse all solution residue with clean water
• Air dry
This information is not a guarantee. Please use all cleaning and disinfecting agents safely and as instructed. The use of other cleaning agents, disinfectants, conditioners or protectants is not recommended as they can degrade fabric’s performance and may void Ultrafabrics warranty.