Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got hit by a truck trailer on my M3. What to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sad day for me as I got my 2023M3 into a crash. Police report doesn’t mention any fault and I did not get any ticket. I am not able to recover the crucial moment from my dashcam. 450 miles driven.Nobody got hurt and the other person vehicle have just a minor damage.

Do you think it will be totaled? I get warnings like alignment not correct etc.?

What if insurance company tells it’s my fault . How much premium will rise. I have Tesla’s insurance?

How do I tow my car to the repair center. It’s driveable but I am not confident in taking it?

Please help. It’s my first time and I feel so stupid and sad 😞

Attachments

• IMG_2675.jpeg
    IMG_2675.jpeg
    477.8 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2669.jpeg
    IMG_2669.jpeg
    361.6 KB · Views: 138
It'll be fine, just a bumper, fender, and a suspension arm or two. I'd guess around $6K and 2 months. Or $2K and 1 week if paying out of pocket.

You're assumed to be at fault for a frontal collision unless circumstances prove otherwise. Sometimes recent video can be recovered from the USB drive if you remove it before driving much further. Definitely set dashcam to save on honk as well as "automatic" in the future. Tesla insurance is unregulated so they can charge you whatever they want with no obligation to explain anything, just like any other auto insurance.

Tesla service or anyone else can arrange the tow and the truck drivers know that EVs should only be towed on flatbeds or dollies, not on their own wheels, certainly never rolling on the rear wheels anyway. Be sure to unlock the car with your app or keycard to prevent walkaway lock from occurring or else the alarm will trigger when jostled under tow.

It'll be fine, just a bumper, fender, and a suspension arm or two. I'd guess around $6K and 2 months. Or $2K and 1 week if paying out of pocket.

You're assumed to be at fault for a frontal collision unless circumstances prove otherwise. Sometimes recent video can be recovered from the USB drive if you remove it before driving much further. Definitely set dashcam to save on honk as well as "automatic" in the future. Tesla insurance is unregulated so they can charge you whatever they want with no obligation to explain anything, just like any other auto insurance.

Tesla service or anyone else can arrange the tow and the truck drivers know that EVs should only be towed on flatbeds or dollies, not on their own wheels, certainly never rolling on the rear wheels anyway. Be sure to unlock the car with your app or keycard to prevent walkaway lock from occurring or else the alarm will trigger when jostled under tow

Tesla service or anyone else can arrange the tow and the truck drivers know that EVs should only be towed on flatbeds or dollies, not on their own wheels, certainly never rolling on the rear wheels anyway. Be sure to unlock the car with your app or keycard to prevent walkaway lock from occurring or else the alarm will trigger when jostled under tow.
Thank you. I tried to recover clips from any recover Software but the clip of impact is not there. I appreciate your suggestions and get it to repair.

sad day for me as I got my 2023M3 into a crash. Police report doesn’t mention any fault and I did not get any ticket. I am not able to recover the crucial moment from my dashcam. 450 miles driven.Nobody got hurt and the other person vehicle have just a minor damage.

Do you think it will be totaled? I get warnings like alignment not correct etc.?

What if insurance company tells it’s my fault . How much premium will rise. I have Tesla’s insurance?

How do I tow my car to the repair center. It’s driveable but I am not confident in taking it?

Please help. It’s my first time and I feel so stupid and sad 😞
Looks like a tire to tire hit, so your left front rubbed against someone's right rear. Could just be cosmetic, which would mean your car drives fine. If it's not showing any obvious suspension damage, and it drives in a straight line, I'd have no issues driving it to the service center. Front bumper is damaged, though the rubber smudge might just clean off with alcohol. The rim has some good sized scrapes that could actually be repaired if you want. It's the fender that took most of the damage.

It was hit by a trailer of the truck . I am not sure of if I was a little outside the lane but if I was , then it would have been a bigger accident considering the other vehicle(attached pic)
IMG_2670.jpeg
. I want to get suggestions on how to talk to the adjuster

Probably. If I had been out much, I would have had a very severe damage. Also, his vehicle which is a Ford PU doesn’t get hit which is itself a big one. So , if I was that out I would have been hit up by his truck or the sharp portion of his trailer

Back in the day, that was minimal damage, just taped the bumper and you just kept driving it! But seriously, contact your auto insurance company and they should take care of everything unless you only have minimal coverage on a paid for vehicle then it is up to you to get it towed and repaired. Any time you get into an accident regardless of fault you need to call your insurance company immediately.

Back in the day, that was minimal damage, just taped the bumper and you just kept driving it! But seriously, contact your auto insurance company and they should take care of everything unless you only have minimal coverage on a paid for vehicle then it is up to you to get it towed and repaired. Any time you get into an accident regardless of fault you need to call your insurance company immediately.
Yes I did that . Let’s see what happens.

Yes I did that . Let’s see what happens
Doubtful it is totaled, but I'd be fighting for fault to be placed and then go after diminished value.
yes. Thanks.