Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my model 3, but did it get any papers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I got my Model 3 LR about 4 days ago, and I’m loving it. My pickup however was different than normal. It was NOT a contactless experience.

I went inside, they set up a table, I signed papers and they brought the car to the door and handed me the key cards. They told me to look over the car and someone will be out shortly. We found a minor imperfection and waiting about 15 min until we found someone. They took a pic and told us we were all set.

Now that I’m home and they excitement is settling, I realized I didn’t get ANY paperwork. There was nothing in my car aside from the manuals. Is this normal, shouldn’t I have a temporary registration or something, or does Tesla do it differently? :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for your help :D

I had the same fear when I got home and realized I did not have the paperwork for the NJ rebate. You will find the paperwork in the 'glovebox' when log into your Tesla account on your laptop. I do not see the glovebox in the Tesla app on my phone but I do when I log into my account on my computer.

Reactions: RefreshedP
I had the same fear when I got home and realized I did not have the paperwork for the NJ rebate. You will find the paperwork in the 'glovebox' when log into your Tesla account on your laptop. I do not see the glovebox in the Tesla app on my phone but I do when I log into my account on my computer.

Is this the 'loan agreement' file that's in the glovebox? I emailed my delivery center too and asked if they can email me the appropriate paperwork to submit.

Yeah, SA told me docs would arrive in 2 weeks. But forum members said it's more like 6 weeks, so you'll use up all of the 2 temp tags you were supposed to get. Did you get 2 temp tags? Hope so. Now just wait for your docs; hopefully on time to avoid freaking penalties from your DMV. Here is TX it's only 20 days. Hopefully they're giving people a break due to COVID, but I need to call.

Should of clarified that I transferred my tag from my previous car. But I was finally able to get Tesla to pick up the phone. They insisted that the registration was in the glove box, even though it wasn’t. After a 10 min hold they apologized and emailed me a photocopy of the registration. Crisis adverted :D

Reactions: Contrails