Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my Model X 75D Pre-Owned 1 week after placing a $2,500 down payment.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are no more CPOs, only pre-owned or used MS or MX.

I got my used ModelX the other day. A 2016 Pearl White Multicoat with white interiors and 22” Black/Onyx Rims. It has 14K miles on it. It only took me a week to get it from the date i placed a deposit.

What i think made the process quick... I think it’s because i opted for the inhouse Tesla Financing. No trade in (this also helped). The MX was in Westchester NY and I am from the west coast. I wanted to see it before signing any document. I flew in yesterday and arranged for it delivered via 3rd party freight company.

The experience was great! Shout out to my Tesla Regional Credit Analyst, Ari and Used Sales Advisor, Santiago. They were very patient with me... my loan approval only took less than a day and then the process was faster than i expected. In fact, i had a another choice vehicle that i already placed a deposit of $2,500... but the following day while looking at www.teslacpo.io I found this one that had 8,000 miles lesser with ultra high fidelity sound... anyway, Ari and Santiago were quick to get me the 2nd choice used MX switched to what i wanted. The key is to get approved with the loan quickly and submit requirements on your online Tesla account as fast as you can...

Tips

1. Request a picture on the Tesla website. Sometimes it takes 24 hours or even more to get them. What you see is what you get. They will not refurbish it. So make sure you get high resolution images. I am lucky the car was well kept by the previous owner.
2. Be nice to the Sales Advisor and Finance Person. Treat them well, they’ll treat you well. They are sooooooo busy with so many new orders nowadays. I heard there were 300 new Model3s in that lot that were about to be delivered that week. The Tesla Team in this location in WC NY (Manny, Vlad, John and another gentleman whom i forgot who upgraded my firmware) were so awesome too!
3. As I said on #2... Be very very very very very patient. It will take more than 2-3 hours just to have you entertained. Then another hour or two to do paper works and check the vehicle... Do not expect royalty treatment. Some of the staff are new hires. They’re having a hard time coping up with the demand. There’s just not enough man power to cope up with the sales.
4. All used comes with 4 years or 50,000 miles warranty. So do not worry about anything that will be covered by warranty. Just have it fixed by Tesla if there are issues later.
5. Find your CPO/Used @ www.teslacpo.io it is very well laid out and is updated constantly. Other helpful sites are www.ev-cpo.com and www.teslainventory.com. Both are very informative too.

Good luck and go for it. You can refuse delivery on the day of getting your vehicle and use the non refundable $2,500 deposit towards another one on the listing if you’re not happy on your choice. i hope this is helpful. Happy buying!!!

Oh one last thing... in case you’re wondering... i got this 2016 MX 75D for $71,800 .

DE8C5150-85A8-4D4D-9422-A2C07B71F85E.jpeg

99C9EF19-1758-4BB0-B3F4-012555AC12AB.jpeg

8EBD4180-8001-4FAB-BFFF-5BACA30AE9D4.jpeg

EC5A5681-F8F1-46EE-81C9-FFFB7622B652.jpeg

8805AC86-4092-4CFB-B75A-6D290306D14C.jpeg

B7C90433-E620-4A2B-BE5F-6A7D4E4D55C3.jpeg

8AFAA28F-A49B-4CBB-AD62-6DDFEC47FA3C.jpeg

92292799-BB35-4890-A893-9F15AA889E66.jpeg

274529C4-ECF5-4F3B-838B-A560C4D53C64.jpeg

DF68F8B6-802F-4C6B-89F8-488D1F506B38.png

Thats the hottest exterior combo. White with black wheels. Congrats! Pretty decent with that low mileage and looks like new.

Probably not because miles are so low but notice any seat staining?

I am also looking at 2016s. Do they provide the window sticker? What are common 2016 issues?

Did you find any unsatisfactory quality with the car at pickup?

Last edited:
The white seats are so clean (zero stain). They are easy to maintain and still looks bnew! In my case, the only issue i have w the 22 rims is ride quality. It is stiff and sporty. But these rims just looks bad @ss in the X!!! So i just got to live with it... there’s no solution except to go down to the 20s to improve rude quality...

You can refuse delivery during pickup day if you do not like the quality of the vehicle and then use it to purchase another pre-owned MX or MS. $2,500 is non refundable... Due to the high volume sales they are going through, their customer service has been affected. You really can’t expect them to baby you as they’re so busy attending to a lot of customers daily. I did not even wait fir them to walk me around the car... i signed the docs and then left. What was important for me was the condition of the vehicle... also the 75D saved me a ton if money and yet plenty for my daily driving needs. The MX100D may have a longer range but it’s identical inside out in terms of exterior and interior features. Of course, you have a higher tier badge and bigger battery pack but you also get to pay $30-$50K more unless you buy with very high mileage (got this MX75D for $71,800)... plus the 2016s come with lifetime Supercharging which is not offered anymore to new ones.

Yes, they will provide a digital copy of the original sticker price during the process...

Lastly, all 2016 MX come with 4 year / 50,000 miles warranty. After a week i felt some vibrations due to alignment issues... Tesla SC (service center) took it in, balanced it and then replaced 2 tires covered by warranty including labor.

Thats the hottest exterior combo. White with black wheels. Congrats! Pretty decent with that low mileage and looks like new.

THANK YOU! IT IS AN AWESOME MODEL X!!!

I know vehicles depreciate in value and to be honest this is the first car purchase i’ve had that i do not have a buyers remorse. I feel like i got more for what i paid for (being it pre-owned and 2 years old)... The technology on this MX is just decades away from other vehicles/SUVs. It will spoil you from the self presenting doors to the very cool key fob mobile app. And boy, the premium sounds system is so cool too...

Go get your MX You will wake up excited to start your day and drive around. It is the best Tesla Vehicle IMHO.

So glad to hear this worked out for you - hoping to pick up my CPO (Used) from Baltimore next week.
Went with Deep Blue P95D with 20 inch wheels - I still need to get over range anxiety. In fact, put down for a beautiful silver 90D with 22 inch black ones in CA initially but decided to save on the 2K delivery.

So happy to hear someone else echo my going CPO / 2016 logic!

So glad to hear this worked out for you - hoping to pick up my CPO (Used) from Baltimore next week.
Went with Deep Blue P95D with 20 inch wheels - I still need to get over range anxiety. In fact, put down for a beautiful silver 90D with 22 inch black ones in CA initially but decided to save on the 2K delivery.

So happy to hear someone else echo my going CPO / 2016 logic!
Congratulations and enjoy you’re new ride! You won’t regret it. If you find anything wrong, just have them (tesla service center) fix it. They’re very professional. Your vehicle is warrantied...