Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got new Michelin PSS "TO Tesla, Acoustic Tech" tires on P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These tires seem to be brand new and kind of special for Tesla. The good old PSS but with the foam liner to reduce noise. Just got them installed. Car is still not as quite as I want it to be, but much quieter, especially on good asphalt roads.

Price installed for the staggered 245/265 was 1650 $ at my preferred Tire Kingdom shop in Tampa/Florida.

This is my second Tesla and with a total of 120k miles on both had in the past the Contis, Hankooks, PS2 and PSS. The new PSS silent are in my opinion the best value.

Were the Contis you had in the past, the Contisilents by any chance? Both the PSS TO and Contisilents have the noise canceling foam, but tread pattern/compound is probably still a much better indicator of noise than the foam. If so, any comparison on the noise front there (although admittedly, it may be hard to remember).

How did you like the Hankooks? Is there a noticeable difference in grip and everyday driving from the hankooks to PSS?

The Hankooks where terrible for my P85 , I got wheel spin at 30 mph ! Unfortunately there are no 265's but my last P85D setup was PS2 in the back and Hankooks in the front to save some money. The difference was only noticeable on extreme driving. However with the quite PSS we have now, I won't use Hankooks anymore in the front.

• Informative
Reactions: xceler8tion
Were the Contis you had in the past, the Contisilents by any chance? Both the PSS TO and Contisilents have the noise canceling foam, but tread pattern/compound is probably still a much better indicator of noise than the foam. If so, any comparison on the noise front there (although admittedly, it may be hard to remember).

No, this was the original P85 setup in early 2013. I will ask in a separate thread if anybody has them so we can compare.