Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got rear ended: this will buff right out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driver was clearly distracted and made no effort to stop.

5B0DE0EB-1ADD-48BD-9AD2-3CB9DDFFEE80.jpeg

Reactions: Sam1
Possibly, but since its not at your fault, why dont you take it to tesla, or certified bodyshop for full diagnostics and repair?

And, i am sorry to hear about that incident.
It really sucks.
A truck hit my rear bumper with the hitch while parked, and it was thanksgiving week… holiday spirit kinda ruined for me haha

Sorry to see. Most of that will buff right out, the rest will be uniquely within spec.

Rear-end damage is often a kiss of death for a Model 3/Y, depending on what they find after peeling back the rear bumper skin. Here it looks like it should be ok, but nothing is certain until they get under there.

The trunk lid alone is a pita to replace (backorders galore, damaged raw parts from regional distro centers).

Fit and finish when all is said and done will be better than new, but the paintwork hue difference will stand out even if blended well.

Reactions: Spinny
Sorry to see. Most of that will buff right out, the rest will be uniquely within spec.

Rear-end damage is often a kiss of death for a Model 3/Y, depending on what they find after peeling back the rear bumper skin. Here it looks like it should be ok, but nothing is certain until they get under there.

The trunk lid alone is a pita to replace (backorders galore, damaged raw parts from regional distro centers).

Fit and finish when all is said and done will be better than new, but the paintwork hue difference will stand out even if blended well.
Agree with everything you said. I do wish they would total the car out, highly doubt that will happen.

The car has a hidden hitch and was every so slightly rolling forward when it was hit. I believe this contributed towards a favorable outcome.

The trunk open and closes fine. Parking sensors work, car drives, charges, etc.

I’ll update this post with an estimate. Part of me wants to order a lid and bumper cover from eBay, have a shop spray it and fix it myself. The carfax scar bothers me.

I’ll go after the insurance company for diminished value and see if I can end up in a model X.

Reactions: Perscitus
Agree with everything you said. I do wish they would total the car out, highly doubt that will happen.

The car has a hidden hitch and was every so slightly rolling forward when it was hit. I believe this contributed towards a favorable outcome.

The trunk open and closes fine. Parking sensors work, car drives, charges, etc.

I’ll update this post with an estimate. Part of me wants to order a lid and bumper cover from eBay, have a shop spray it and fix it myself. The carfax scar bothers me.

I’ll go after the insurance company for diminished value and see if I can end up in a model X.
Hey how did this end up working out for you?