Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there any way to buff out the glass scratches on the rear window?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cj3209

Supporting Member
Jun 24, 2023
SoCal
My 2023 MYP rear window has scratches (a few 3" scratch lines). I just noticed them on my rear windshield. I think it's from my towel that I used to wipe off car wash water or my car cover is scratching it. Really annoying. Is there any way to buff out the glass scratches?

Griots garage makes glass polish and a polishing pad you could try. I've used it to great success on hard water spots on glass. Not sure how it'll do with deep scratches but if they are superficial I bet it'd help. Glass is pretty damn scratch resistant, so figure out how it happened and don't do that again. Car covers are notorious for scratching paint if the car is even the least bit dirty.

Reactions: cj3209
My 2023 MYP rear window has scratches (a few 3" scratch lines). I just noticed them on my rear windshield. I think it's from my towel that I used to wipe off car wash water or my car cover is scratching it. Really annoying. Is there any way to buff out the glass scratches?
If you don't want to attack it yourself, why don't you drop by an auto glass shop and talk to them about it? They certainly will have an idea about the feasibility and cost of polishing out the scratches.

Reactions: cj3209
Had really good results with this…

It’s messy though. I’d suggest getting paint masking film to protect the car’s paint.