Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got Y today and freakage accident same day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, got the Y delivered today and had a freakage accident, where I was going out of a Trader Joe’s and a vehicle in a different lane, cut over two lanes to get into a gas station.

this action side swiped the Y’s front bumper scrapping the paint, but not denting it.

I’m not sure who’s actual fault it is, I guess I can look on the cam to find out.

Regardless, I would like to bring it back to delivery freshness.

I live close to the LA airport area any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you,

Glenn ♠️

Yes, got the Y delivered today and had a freakage accident, where I was going out of a Trader Joe’s and a vehicle in a different lane, cut over two lanes to get into a gas station.
this action side swiped the Y’s front bumper scrapping the paint, but not denting it.
I’m not sure who’s actual fault it is, I guess I can look on the cam to find out.
Regardless, I would like to bring it back to delivery freshness.
I live close to the LA airport area any suggestions would be helpful.
Thank you,
Glenn ♠️

There are many body shops that mainly do bumper repairs. If yours only needs to be repainted then it shouldn't cost that much. Better to just repaint and not make a insurance claim. I recently had a rear bumper repainted on a Passat and it cost me $275.00

Oh man sorry about your misfortune. +1 to the above.

Another thing you could try is to see if it'll just buff out. Often times its just the clearcoat that gets milky , get a microfiber cloth, the lightest polishing compound you can find at an auto parts store (ask them), and test a small area. If it doesn't work, or meet your tolerance for imperfection, then go the next route:

a) New bumper cover from Tesla, already painted, its easy and quick to install from what I see on youtube (but everything looks easy there)
b) respray should be cheap, they'll just pull the bumper cover, shoot it, and put it back on. Its a relatively small surface and should be inexpensive.

Good luck and report back!