Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My new 2021 Model Y just rear-ended pretty bad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would be interested as to how your accident compares to the ones here - Salvage Tesla Model Ys For Sale

So many of these MY look like they would be repairable, yet all were total losses. Doesn't look like it takes much...
That arbitrage opportunity is exactly why Tesla insurance is a thing. Tesla is betting that they can optimize repairs and part-outs of their own hardware better than the market can.

Hi @codergamer - how did this claim finally settle? Did you find your hiring of attorney useful here? I just got rear ended on an interstate and have similar damage like yours. Was there any impact on electronics / sensors as Tesla adds another level of complication here
Hi, I went with my own Tesla Insurance and they were very quick to approve the damage. The total cost of damage was around 12k. I got my car back in a month. I paid my deductible and I will get it back once everything is resolved. At-fault party has accepted the responsibility thanks to the dashcam footage, it was a slam dunk. There was no impact on electronics or sensors. The car was pretty much like new as they replaced everything with new parts. Now coming to the question of attorney, they are currently assisting me with filling the damage claim.

Thanks for the update. It is great to hear you got your car back in a month. These days they are not even touching the car for a month.
Go with the authorized Tesla Body Shop. The only delay is usually with the parts. You can also follow up with Tesla yourself to track the deliveries of parts. Body Shop usually does not start any work until all the parts arrive.

Last edited: