Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gray Exterior with Tan Interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm really having a hard time deciding if I should get the Gray with Tan Interior or the Blue with Tan Interior. The only thing I know for sure is that I want the Tan interior... Can you put Dark Gray with Tan? SHOULD you put Dark Gray with Tan? It's my favorite combo, but just not sure how well they look together. Please let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
What about Gray Exterior with Gray Interior? I don't think tan interior looks good with grey exterior, and i wouldn't choose the blue but it does go well with the tan interior.

9y9uhapy.jpg

Not the best pic but you can see the grey piping. Looks pretty good in my mind.

What about Gray Exterior with Gray Interior? I don't think tan interior looks good with grey exterior, and i wouldn't choose the blue but it does go well with the tan interior.

I'm really sold on the Tan Interior. I have a kind of sentimental attachment to that combo.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I think Tesla designers would approve. The tan performance seats come with a grey piping. I think dark grey and tan look sharp from a design perspective.

Really? Man it's tempting to just get the Gray... Would be SO much easier to take care of. I still have two weeks to decide. A lot of people are telling me that the Gray and Tan don't go well together... I'm slightly color blind, so I'm not very confident in my personal taste when it comes to matching things up, but I think it would look fine. My wife thinks it would NOT look fine. You know how that goes... :D

- - - Updated - - -

I've done it and it looks great IMO (Grey ext/Tan int)

Did you go with the "Performance" Seats with the Gray Piping?

Last edited:
I ordered it and I think it looked awesome. I saw it on my test drive car. Also the Obeche Matte!

Sam

85 kWh | Grey | Tan Leather | Obeche Matte | 19" Primacy | Tech Pkg | Parking Sensors | Fog Lights | Parcel Shelf | Body Colored Roof | Air Suspension | HPWC | Ordered 8/22/13 | Confirmed 9/1/13 | Assembly Date: 10/7/13 | Delivery Date: ~10/15/13 | #?????

I too am sold on the tan interior and it looked especially sharp with the blue exterior on our first MS. I'm going to stick with tan and team it with red on the car that will be delivered on Monday. I'm skeptical about tan with the light gray exterior because the color values are too close, but wouldn't mind it with the darker dolphin gray exterior.

Man, I'll tell ya. I'm glad I came in here. I let the sales girl talk me out of it, even though that's what I really wanted. I'm SO happy the car wasn't on the lot and I'd driven it home. There'd be no changing my mind then... If there's a "Silver Lining" to having to wait for your car this is it. The downside is, I've added 5 Grand worth of features to my car while I'm waiting... :D

Last edited:
I have the grey with tan interior, its gorgeous. Tan interior is emotionally uplifting. My car is in for service, I have a loaner with black interior, it feels smaller, a bit depressing and dark.

BTW, matte obeche trim with tan is really sweet!

I agonized over the exact same choice - had to have the tan interior, which looks great and emanates a warm light, and I thought that dolphin gray was gorgeous and practical. In the end I went with the impractical but equally beautiful midnight blue, but I did get to sit in a gray car with tan seats. Even tho my wife didn't think it would be a good combination, I thought it looked ok with the gray piping (perf seat option) to tie it together. If you love it, just go for it!

My wife and I are going to take another ride out to the dealer today and look at both again. Also gonna look at the performance seat option and see about that Gray piping. If it matches the Gray paint then I think it would be cool to have it (thanks Sundy). Decisions, decisions... As problems go, this is a pretty good one to have. :D

I just took delivery this week of Gray/Tan - really happy with it - I went tan because my Ferrari and Alfas had tan interiors and I liked the look - my Alfa was black/tan and the contrast was stunning. Black/gray is kind of boring in a monochromatic way. Now that I've seen the blue exterior, which is gorgeous, I could see going blue - but happy with gray. (Also got the matte obesche, very nice accent pulls everything together).