Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Greasing upper control ball

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

iwannam3

Aug 8, 2016
Washington
Anyone know what type of grease was used in the upper control ball joint? Lithium base, calcium base, polyurea or ? I plan on injecting grease into the rubber boot with a hypodermic/zerk adapter and don't want to add an incompatible grease.

I don't know if this can help you, but Tesla did this for me.

reseal.png

If you're still under warranty, this is a known issue that you can get repaired free. I've got a 2018 and they just completely replaced both upper control arems a couple of weeks ago. A mobile tech did it in less than an hour.
This. But if your service location does not have the parts in stock, you may need to return. I had mine looked at 2 weeks ago but they rescheduled me to come back next week as they have to wait for parts.

This. But if your service location does not have the parts in stock, you may need to return. I had mine looked at 2 weeks ago but they rescheduled me to come back next week as they have to wait for parts.
Your service center needs some customer service training. I had to wait for parts too, but my appointment was always rescheduled ahead of time. That's the way it's supposed to work. Kudos to Brentwood!