TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Great article on Gigafactory Progress - Reno Gazette Journal

Discussion in 'News' started by Sgt Barone, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

2. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Looks like steel will be done by June, or at least some portion of it contracted out to that sub from Arizona.

3. ScepticMatt

ScepticMatt Member

4. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

The view from Google Earth is pretty good too. I believe this is it at: 39°33'57.95"N, 119°32'53.58"W

5. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

The video embedded really gives you sense of the enormity of this structure. I like how the article mentions that the local unions are getting interest "from workers from various states for the Tesla gig, which is considered a 'glamour job'". :biggrin:

6. slcasner

slcasner Member

I don't think that's it. Too small. Google Maps puts it on the south side of I-80, rather than north, and east of the spot you identified.

7. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Also note that the imagery date in Google Earth for that area is 6/1/2013.

8. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

#8 tonybelding, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    Really?? That's odd... I thought I had it pinned down, but I shall search again.

EDIT: Yes, you are right. It is bigger and it's on the south side of the highway, and it does NOT appear in Google Earth's outdated imagery yet, darn it. :p

9. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member