Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great Tesla Service Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my 2015 Model S here is IL. Had a great experience - thought I'd share what the "contactless" experience is like. I originally made the appt in the Tesla app, which I found extremely quick and easy. I was able to schedule only a week away. My issue was a "groaning" noise when I would back out of my driveway, coming from the rear end.

1. All contact with Tesla was via text, but very personalized to my issue and my requirements.
2. I was reminded of my appt several times, which was appreciated.
3. I drove in, parked, and clicked on a link I was sent via text the evening before. This kicked off a series of texts, asking for my license and insurance info, and sending a loaner agreement to approve. Took 4-5 mins.
4. I was asked to leave the key in the cupholder, and given a slot # for my loaner. I was driving out again within 10 mins.
5. When the Technician couldn't identify the issue, the Tesla team called and asked for more detail, which I provided.
6. They found the issue (both rear parking brake calipers had to be replaced), and finished the fix.
7. 18 hours later I drove in with my loaner, parked, dropped the key in a dropbox, and drove away in my repaired car.

Altogether a very smooth and well coordinated experience....