Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right. It's all the 400 series highways (the QEW is actually the 403), which are provincial. So it's not the city of Toronto highways, which are the Allen, the Gardiner, and the DVP.
Are there HOV lanes on Toronto highways? I don’t remember seeing them if there are. But there are HOV lanes on some city streets, like Eglinton, Yonge, Bay, etc.

Are there HOV lanes on Toronto highways? I don’t remember seeing them if there are. But there are HOV lanes on some city streets, like Eglinton, Yonge, Bay, etc.

Allen no, DVP yes but only for buses, and Gardiner I'm not sure, hardly use it, but I believe no. There are on the QEW tho, right before it turns into the Gardiner. Green plates aren't of any use for city carpool lanes.

...special plates as all of them start with GV (I think there may be another prefix as well).

Yes, the French version is VE.

ev-plate-french.jpg

The DVP, Gardiner, surface roads etc. are all City roads and not eligible. There were temporary HOV lanes during the PanAm Games a few years ago on the Gardiner.