TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Grey Leather Dye

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by IchDochNicht, Aug 19, 2018.

1. IchDochNicht

IchDochNicht Member

#1 IchDochNicht, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    I recently purchased a used rear center console, which had the matching matte obeche wood, but not the matching grey leather. Took it to the local upholstery shop, and they tried to find a properly matching leather - without success.

So we decided to take a different route: They used SEM Classic Coat in color "17353 Silver Gray".

I'm not sure, if they added another product on top of the Sliver Grey. But I can confirm that the match is so good, you cannot see a difference to the original grey leather.

They gave me the left-over can, which I can use for potential touch-ups in the future. Hope I won't ever need it, but it's nice to have it handy.

Member ahkahn here on this board is a SEM rep, and was super helpful in answering some questions along the way.

Hope you find this helpful!

Attached Files:

2. IchDochNicht

IchDochNicht Member

Not the best pictures, but I hope this gives you an idea of the match.

Attached Files:

3. ahkahn

ahkahn Member

Thank you for the shoutout! Yes, I am a stocking distributor of SEM Products.

That was a phenomenal job well done! Came out great!

• Like x 1