Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy for Power Trunk/Frunk Liftgate!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK

Well, that took forever. I have been staring at the wires they sent me for almost 3 months, finally got around to doing the upgrade to V3. It was pretty simple, unplug the old harness and then plug in the new harness in its place and then insert the SD card they sent me and watch the light blink. After that remove the card. Lastly, cover the control box in the new waterproof cover and zip tie everything back down. EzPz. I love that the closing is so much quieter than before, now it sounds like a Tesla should sound.

Sadly, after the hood closes and 15 seconds pass, the hood opens again w/o my doing anything. It does it every time. Nothing I can do to prevent it from being open other than pulling the fuse and closing it manually. I cannot drive with the hood ajar, but I fear if I manually press it into the locked position it will not be able to be reopened w/o the Hansshow having power.

I used their contact page to ask for help, I emailed the lady who emailed me the update info, and I installed the WhatsApp? software on my phone and tried to contact their after-purchase support line. I sent them a WhatsApp chat message but no reply. Perhaps they don't have 24-hour support.

Anyone else seen this? Are there troubleshooting steps?

Hi Andy, this is Cici. I received your email and send you another software. But I never received any message from you on whatsapp. T~T . Regarding the problem of Frunk open , it's the signal to remind you must to remove the commissioning plug after adjusted to guarantee security. It had mentioned on the Frunk insallation manual .

Reactions: israndy
So I just installed the V4 trunk. Wasn't as bad as I was anticipating, lol.
One thing that has me wondering is the canbus connector.
There's only 1 small connector coming from the back connector but there's 2 in the canbus adapter. I've tried plugging in each of the small connector but each of them will give me a flashing open/close on the screen and on the app even though the trunk is closed.
Hansshows new video only shows 1 small cable being plugged in? The pic in the manual isn't so clear.
Anybody that's done a v4 have a clue?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3257.JPG
    IMG_3257.JPG
    798.9 KB · Views: 80
So I just installed the V4 trunk. Wasn't as bad as I was anticipating, lol.
One thing that has me wondering is the canbus connector.
There's only 1 small connector coming from the back connector but there's 2 in the canbus adapter. I've tried plugging in each of the small connector but each of them will give me a flashing open/close on the screen and on the app even though the trunk is closed.
Hansshows new video only shows 1 small cable being plugged in? The pic in the manual isn't so clear.
Anybody that's done a v4 have a clue?
Thanks

May I know your order and the year of your car ?

Where do I get your order number.
I ordered it from the Boring Group Buy. It was just delivered yesterday as a v4 model.
On the Commercial Invoice theres a ref number of: T20200707597727. AWB no: 5056060833
Whats the best number to reach support at?

I ordered it from the Boring Group Buy. It was just delivered yesterday as a v4 model.
On the Commercial Invoice theres a ref number of: T20200707597727. AWB no: 5056060833

I got it. So it's 12519, not 12159, I will get back to you soon

OK

Well, that took forever. I have been staring at the wires they sent me for almost 3 months, finally got around to doing the upgrade to V3. It was pretty simple, unplug the old harness and then plug in the new harness in its place and then insert the SD card they sent me and watch the light blink. After that remove the card. Lastly, cover the control box in the new waterproof cover and zip tie everything back down. EzPz. I love that the closing is so much quieter than before, now it sounds like a Tesla should sound.

Sadly, after the hood closes and 15 seconds pass, the hood opens again w/o my doing anything. It does it every time. Nothing I can do to prevent it from being open other than pulling the fuse and closing it manually. I cannot drive with the hood ajar, but I fear if I manually press it into the locked position it will not be able to be reopened w/o the Hansshow having power.

I used their contact page to ask for help, I emailed the lady who emailed me the update info, and I installed the WhatsApp? software on my phone and tried to contact their after-purchase support line. I sent them a WhatsApp chat message but no reply. Perhaps they don't have 24-hour support.

Anyone else seen this? Are there troubleshooting steps?
Please remove the commissioning plug
upload_2020-7-22_16-3-31.png