Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy: Southern California/West Side: Tint/PPF/Ceramic via Concours Auto Spa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before @dougatconcours
IMG_0779.JPG

After @dougatconcours

IMG_0955.JPG

I just noticed that I got some sand / dirt caught under my ppf near the front air intake of the car.

Probably due to the PPF not being fully glued to the paint in this section and I didn't notice either but as long as it doesn't get worse I'll be fine with it. Unfortunately I looked around the car to press down on some parts for the PPF but I didn't fully check the air intake section.

IMG_20181013_165923.jpg
IMG_20181013_165910.jpg

Last edited:
I just noticed that I got some sand / dirt caught under my ppf near the front air intake of the car.

Probably due to the PPF not being fully glued to the paint in this section and I didn't notice either but as long as it doesn't get worse I'll be fine with it. Unfortunately I looked around the car to press down on some parts for the PPF but I didn't fully check the air intake section.

View attachment 344111 View attachment 344112 View attachment 344112

Hi JDEA..

I will call you shortly, the inner edge and that "fish eye" pucker need to be addressed asap.

Re: tint, I'm probably in the minority, but I will likely do a lighter percentage on the front than the rest of the car, 35% fronts & 20% rest. I not only do not mind the look, but actually prefer it. On top of that, I value the extra visibility at night, particularly when looking into the side mirrors. My BMW had a split %age and I was very happy with it.

Reactions: MXWing
I'm already doing a front PPF as well. My big concern is heat rejection on the black interior.

My Model S had ceramic tint (Photosync) all over -- including the pano roof -- which is why I'm concerned about not tinting the roof above my head.

I agree with @MXWing, save your money for something else. I have Suntek CIR 30% all over minus the 80% windshield and have no issues/problems with heat in the vehicle. And I'm in SoCal where in still hitting 80's right now. Unless it's a big concern, I would use the money on something else.

Reactions: MXWing