Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gta Electricians

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for a recommended electrician within the GTA for NEMA 14-50 installation.

My panel is in the garage so I would assume this wouldn't cost overly much. If you have an estimate on how much it cost you it would be appreciated!

If the breaker box is in the garage then you could pretty much run the line yourself and get the ESA to identify corrections.

Yup, I agree. Just run a surface mount NEMA 14-50R and surface mount the conduit. That is exactly what I'm planning to do in 2 days at my new place.

Cost breakdown:
$15 - NEMA 14-50R https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000FPDO7G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
$120 - 10M NMD90 6/3 Wire (most hardware stores like home depot/lowes sells them by the meter, ~$10/meter + tax)
$35 - Combo breaker to replace two 15A - 120V breaker with a combo 15A-120V/40A-240V/15A-120V (looks like this one https://www.amazon.ca/Square-Schnei...5/40/15&qid=1561376687&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0)
$30 - plastic conduit
$15 - mounting hardware for conduit
Total - $215

I believe most electricians will charge $500-$1000 for a simple install.

I used a local guy, in Markham I think the company is based. When it comes to electrical I'm a bit hesitant.

Masters electrician, knowledgeable. Recommended a few things to me that I didn't think about but charge was very reasonable based on other quotes I got.

Name is Ping 416.918.9289., speaks English and Cantonese. I believe he mentioned he did a lot of these all around the GTA.

Good luck!

Yup, I agree. Just run a surface mount NEMA 14-50R and surface mount the conduit. That is exactly what I'm planning to do in 2 days at my new place.

Cost breakdown:
$15 - NEMA 14-50R https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000FPDO7G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
$120 - 10M NMD90 6/3 Wire (most hardware stores like home depot/lowes sells them by the meter, ~$10/meter + tax)
$35 - Combo breaker to replace two 15A - 120V breaker with a combo 15A-120V/40A-240V/15A-120V (looks like this one https://www.amazon.ca/Square-Schneider-Electric-HOMT1515240CP-Single-Pole/dp/B00CONLLZE/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=combo+breaker+15/40/15&qid=1561376687&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0)
$30 - plastic conduit
$15 - mounting hardware for conduit
Total - $215

I believe most electricians will charge $500-$1000 for a simple install.

Add in the charge for the ESA inspection :) ~$300 DIY.

Reactions: X.l.r.8
Are you all on 100a breaker panels? Did you sub something out of your current panels or simply added a new circuit?

Any concerns on 100a panel supporting 14-50 charging with standard appliances (ac/Central vac/fridge/electric stove/washer dryer)?

Are you all on 100a breaker panels? Did you sub something out of your current panels or simply added a new circuit?

Any concerns on 100a panel supporting 14-50 charging with standard appliances (ac/Central vac/fridge/electric stove/washer dryer)?

Yes, 100 amp panel with gas stove, fridge, A/C, Washer/dryer, and usual lighting and appliances. Off peak charging from 11PM to 6AM at 40amps (32 continuous) is ~47 to 50km/hour. More than enough for daily usage.

Reviving a bit of an old thread vs. starting a new one.

Looking for input on if a price of $800 is in the ballpark to for a 14-50 outlet installed, with a 60A GFCI breaker and requisite wiring to support 48A output (in case I switch later to the Tesla Wall adapter). The outlet will be installed outside with a weatherproof box. Wire run through finished basement about 30' to the exterior brick wall. Price is $200 cheaper if I install the Tesla wall charger.. but add in the $650+tax cost of the Gen3 charger.

Looking for a recommended electrician within the GTA for NEMA 14-50 installation.

My panel is in the garage so I would assume this wouldn't cost overly much. If you have an estimate on how much it cost you it would be appreciated!
I just recently had my 14-50 installed after holding out for almost a year.

I think our garages may be very similar as I'm in a townhome.
My panel is also 100a and my electrician installed a 40a for the 14-50.
The run is like 20 feet or so.

Cost is $500 all in, cash including ESA certification.

I first went to get a quote from Signature Electric, but they wanted $800 to $1000.

Getting a Wall Connector Gen 3 installed later this month. Found a local company in Bradford with Wall connector experience.
#6 wire and 40a breaker
100a panel in the basement to the center post in between my garage doors.
1200 including ESA cert and HST.

got 8 different quotes, all above 1200 and some near 2 grand. crazy.

I asked my builder to quote me for installing a charger in the garage for a new house, came out to be $530. Pleasantly surprised to be honest...
That is good. I got a quote for $700+tax which I'm ok with. Also..let's not forget new code requirements did require builders to put EV rough in forall new homes...but it was scrapped and taken out a year later sadly.

• Disagree
Reactions: MarcoRP
That is good. I got a quote for $700+tax which I'm ok with. Also..let's not forget new code requirements did require builders to put EV rough in forall new homes...but it was scrapped and taken out a year later sadly.
My builder is including the rough-in for EV charger as standard. It seems like it's gonna cost more than what they are charging me to put the actual plug in if I use an electrician afterwards.