Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GTA - Condo parking spot outlet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone in the GTA has gotten a receptacle and meter installed in their parking spot recently?

Did the condo cover any of the cost, such as the run up to your spot?

How was the experience working with your board and the electrician?

I got lucky. Not a condo, but a rental. They installed my charger at n/c and don’t meter me. I only had to pay about $600 when I upscaled my SunCountry Highway to a Tesla WC3, but it was worth it as they also installed a kill plug so as to not need to go in the breaker room. Anyone else (read: Tesla owners), are now being asked for $6k upfront and monthly charges. I really got lucky.

Reactions: KevinT3141
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone in the GTA has gotten a receptacle and meter installed in their parking spot recently?

Did the condo cover any of the cost, such as the run up to your spot?

How was the experience working with your board and the electrician?
I have some co-workers who did it recently, took a couple of times of talking to the condo board, Condo didn't cover any of the cost, was only able to use the one electrician that the condo board had on file, it was about $7k, not including the charger which they provided.

• Informative
Reactions: Soul Surfer
I was kinda lucky because our condo board already passed a resolution for charging installation, so the process was clear and quick and the management was super supportive. I was also unlucky because my spot is not near any walls (so an additional Pedestal required costs an extra $500) and they need to run about 115ft wire which is $1200. Anyway, I totally paid a bit less than $6000, including installation, Infrastructure cost (paid to condo), and account setup ($250), they also charge $10 per month for monitoring meter. I only ask to install an outlet and get a mobile charger from Tesla.

Not cheap, but overall still satisfied because it was a really smooth process, installed the next morning after I paid the deposit. The outlet can be controlled online and check usage etc.