Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who expected supercharging to be free for the Model 3? Who said that? Please start quoting facts.

You keep making claims that are just not true at all.

The seat analogy is just ludicrous.

One thing at a time. Who expected supercharging to be free? Lets start there. Point to a thread or something - Anything.

Elon Musk himself said that supercharging will be "free forever" including the Model 3. He said this in some kind of event in Germany like 3 or so years ago. It is a fact as I have heard it with my own ears and have seen the video with my own eyes.

Elon quote from November 2016:
Model 3, from the beginning we said free charging is not included in the Model 3 – free unlimited charging is not included, so, free long distance is, but not free local. It becomes really unwieldy for people to use the gas station approach for electric cars, like, cars should really be charged where you charge your phone, but then you just need to solve the long distance problem which is what the supercharger stations will do.
see 9:55

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Elon Musk himself said that supercharging will be "free forever" including the Model 3. He said this in some kind of event in Germany like 3 or so years ago. It is a fact as I have heard it with my own ears and have seen the video with my own eyes.
Well, there it is.

No free supercharging
No token of appreciation.

Dual motor is coming out when? Who said it?....... Oh no...not the same person who listed the above items.

Its all good. No problem.

• Funny
Thanks. Added Midwest delivery projection and adjusted size/position of boxes to precise point.

View attachment 238815

Model 3 Delivery Projection.png

Not sure there will be any token of appreciation. Sounded like elon saying thank you might be the only gesture. And I'm hoping that's all they get. The attitude of many of the line waiters doesn't deserve a reward.

I understand we all volunteered to take time off work and stand in line, but Tesla did get a 18+ month interest free $115M "loan" from all the first day reservationist.

Reactions: Kacey Green
First, I'm fairly certain that money is put into a trust and can't be used.

Second, I know a ton of us put down $40k for a Model S or $60k for a Roadster.

Third, Tesla has occasionally done some odd thank you gifts over the years. These are the ones I'm aware of:

Laser etched roadster
RC roadster
Tesla sports bag
Christmas cards for the S and X
Special invitations to events

They are not all super cool but when was the last time BMW sent out RC i8 cars to their customers?

I understand we all volunteered to take time off work and stand in line, but Tesla did get a 18+ month interest free $115M "loan" from all the first day reservationist.

And the hundreds of thousands of people who reserved early but didn't wait in line. I don't see how that matters/differentiates at all.

And like others have said, not even sure Tesla could use that money.

18+ months? March = 3. July = 7. 16+ months...

Last edited:
But didn't we all know that we'd be dropping $1,000 for a Model 3 reservation when we decided to stand in line with credit card in hand? When we made that decision, there was no expectation that we'd get anything special for doing so. Most likely, we did it because we wanted to get a jump on placing an early reservation and getting our car ahead of procrastinators. I could understand feeling cheated if Elon had lured us with an announcement ahead of time that if we stand in line on March 31, 2016 to reserve a Model 3, he's going to give us something special to thank us for generating publicity for him and to compensate us for the inconvenience of having to take time off work. But that's not what happened.

Last edited:
But didn't we all know that we'd be dropping $1,000 for a Model 3 reservation when we decided to stand in line with credit card in hand? When we made that decision, there was no expectation that we'd get anything special for doing so. Most likely, we did it because we wanted to get a jump on placing an early reservation and getting our car ahead of procrastinators. I could understand feeling cheated if Elon had lured us with an announcement ahead of time that if we stand in line on March 31, 2016 to reserve a Model 3, he's going to give us something special to thank us for generating publicity for him and to compensate us for the inconvenience of having to take time off work. But that's not what happened.
Right we didn't expect anything until he implied it, also hope he didn't go back on the trailer hitch, we could get an X but it is a budget buster, we're talking any one thing goes wrong and we don't eat.