Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon's original twitter post:

Elon MuskVerified account‏@elonmusk
"Token of appreciation for those who lined up coming via mail. Thought maybe 20-30 people per store would line up, not 800. Gifts on order."

I remember when I reserved at Scottsdale Tesla store that they did not have a single iPad available to check out ANY merchandise. I think originally, Elon had in mind to give us a free Tesla clothing of our choice (hat, shirt, sweatshirt, etc.) but then realized that the store would not be able to give out that much march due to the (unexpected) massive crowds reserving Model 3 in person.

At some previous Tesla events they gave some little plastic models of Model S like this:
cfda649c-5ccb-4471-8581-d45320c308102-jpg.141517

Not much to it... Just a plastic "shell". I think maybe they made them using some of the existing equipment at the Tesla factory.

I suppose there is a chance they might do the same for Model 3.

Reactions: Seesaw
I wouldn't mind a copy of Model 3 sketches... :rolleyes: Or a 'lottery ticket' for Part II invitation...

At Dallas NorthPark Gallery they offered 20% off merchandise on March 31st for those who reserved Model 3. Free cookies and bottled water was in abundance too.

Nearby restaurant took advantage of the situation that day :) - I saw a few people in line ordering lunch from them. It wasn't a free food however...

A keychain would be cool, but I don't think it'll happen. At least for the Model S, the keychain of a Model S is the proximity key to use the car. And I think it'll be the same for the Model 3. So why would they give us a keychain of a Model 3, when the car's 'key' is a keychain of a Model 3? But the scale model an drawing are good idea, and certainly something I would value.