Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gull Wing Door is Closed but Car thinks its Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is brand new less than a month old and ever since the update. My car intermittently thinks the Gull Wing door is open. I cant open the door at all and then it resets but without rhyme or reason. Any ideas on how to fix. Also there is no error sound or alert that the door is open.
IMG_1191.jpeg

Holy cow how much did the gull wing door cost you?! I'm happy with my falcon wing doors... 😅

I would try a calibration. when you have the time, i would read the manual. most owners don't from what ive seen, but it can help when you run into situations like this.

Calibration​

If the falcon wing doors lose calibration, the main Controls window on the touchscreen displays a Calibration Required message. To calibrate the doors, first ensure that both doors have plenty of space to open and close and are clear of passengers, objects, etc. Touch Controls > Service > Calibrate Doors, and follow the instructions on the touchscreen. During calibration, the lower door opens all the way out (requiring extra space on the side of Model X), the upper door moves all the way down, and then the lower door closes.

Upvote 0
i said to my wife watch the first response will be someone telling me to read the manual.. Calibration of doors only shows up in the menu you describe when the calibration is off (which you guessed it. I learned from reading the manual.) So since that option isn’t present I assume it has nothing to do with that. I’ve tried to research it all before I came here hoping that some one has experienced the same thing.
It’s intermittent and that’s the weird thing. When the door opens I examined it for any issues. Nothing it feels like a glitch in the cpu that it’s signaling the door isn’t closed when it is.

Upvote 0
Ha!

maybe try this:

1. Working from the front row, press and hold the B-Pillar rear door switch until the door fully cinches closed.
  2. Touch and hold the CALIBRATE button on the Model X touchscreen until the rear doors have been fully calibrated, close completely, and the message "CALIBRATION COMPLETE" is displayed.
Also- try going into service mode and see if there's another calibration option. I'm not 100% sure on the refresh models

AND you could also try a wheel config reboot, which resets more modules than a 2 finger reboot. google it if you're not sure how

Upvote 0
My car is brand new less than a month old and ever since the update. My car intermittently thinks the Gull Wing door is open. I cant open the door at all and then it resets but without rhyme or reason. Any ideas on how to fix. Also there is no error sound or alert that the door is open. View attachment 1038176

Does it let you drive in this state?

Looks like you have two sensors giving input on this. One says the door is down, but the other says it's not latched.

Upvote 0