Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

H&R Lowering Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if H&R springs require camber kits? Im running the stock 18’s but will be upgrading to 245 width tires with 20inch rims. Some people say it’s a must but others say it’s not. I daily my car with maybe 18000mile/year. Not aggressive driving but sometimes like to have fun and will send it down a corner.
I don't have a camber kit and I've been fine so far. I've been on 20's and currently I'm on 18s running 265/40/18 and have no issues at all. I also daily drive my car.

I don't have a camber kit and I've been fine so far. I've been on 20's and currently I'm on 18s running 265/40/18 and have no issues at all. I also daily drive my car.
I saw a video of someone who had bald out his inner tire running similarly wide tires due to camber issues. Under 4 months and the tires were gone. its good to hear that you didn’t have any issues, how long have you had them on?

Reactions: travass808
I saw a video of someone who had bald out his inner tire running similarly wide tires due to camber issues. Under 4 months and the tires were gone. its good to hear that you didn’t have any issues, how long have you had them on?
For 6-7 months and tires have been fine with both set of wheels. I do get my chamber adjusted every 3 months to see where it's at but I do have lifetime adjustments so that's a good thing lol

Got my H&Rs installed today! I did trim the front bump stops by about 5/8”. I only took it for a five mile spin but the ride comfort doesn’t seem too different.
4E99BC08-E249-4BE0-911E-F72B1A2B5088.jpeg

As an update, I have about 30 miles into the new suspension. It is moderately harsher, but not significant. I would say a bit more noise is transmitted into the cabin, and larger bumps aren’t as smooth. I am going to keep this setup, but will likely look to upgrade to MPP Comfort Coilovovers in the next year or so.

Reactions: travass808
Anyone who has done the H&R, Can you get over speedbumps and what if you had to drive on grass/non paved roads? Also, anyone that has the H&R in a snow region? My unplugged springs need to come off soon as its too difficult scraping over every speed bump and we might have to move to a snowy region soon.

Anyone who has done the H&R, Can you get over speedbumps and what if you had to drive on grass/non paved roads? Also, anyone that has the H&R in a snow region? My unplugged springs need to come off soon as its too difficult scraping over every speed bump and we might have to move to a snowy region soon.
i had H&R springs and had to change to coilovers as they were way too low and would scrape on every speed bumps. they say they are only like a 1.4 inch drop but i measured 1.8 / 1.9 once fitted to my car.

Here is how it looked on H&R's.
20221020_061845.jpg

Reactions: MODEL+
i had H&R springs and had to change to coilovers as they were way too low and would scrape on every speed bumps. they say they are only like a 1.4 inch drop but i measured 1.8 / 1.9 once fitted to my car.

Here is how it looked on H&R's.
View attachment 898723

That is a good inch or more higher than mine is now. Currently my Fenders are over the top of the tires slightly. So you are saying you couldn't drive it on non paved roads?

I have H&R springs on a LR. Ground to fender, I am at 26-5/8 front and 27" rear. I have never had trouble rubbing on speed bumps but I been driving low sports cars for many years and am very cognizant of where/how I drive.

Attachments

• Model 3 lowered Forgestar wheels.png
    Model 3 lowered Forgestar wheels.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 152
  • Model 3 lowered Forgestar wheels.png
    Model 3 lowered Forgestar wheels.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 156
I have them on my 718 and love the look and the ride...very close to OEM in ride quality
47CF90F8-1095-455C-9DAB-3019B2AC03FB.jpeg

tempImageOLb86e.jpg

also had them on my BMW, looked great, but hated the ride quality as it had a floaty type feel with more bounce compared to the OEM ride quality.

I think a lot has to do with who installed them.....it makes a difference

IMG_4875 2.jpg

I will most likely go with them on my new M3P soon