Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hail and roof repair in the Boulder/Denver area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Sunday I ran into a hailstorm between Pueblo and Colorado Springs. It cracked the windshield and the back glass roof panel, along with ~40 good sized pockmarks across the body of my Model S.
Colorado Coach in Boulder says they no longer work on Teslas due to the wait time for parts. Stuttgart Autobody in Englewood does work on Teslas but said they are likely booked out until early 2019!

Any suggestions on repair places that can handle Tesla parts and removing dings in aluminum?

PF-Flyer

Previously, when I had hail damage on my car I worked with my insurance provider and their preferred provider. They had no problem taking the dents out of the aluminium and had removed all the dents in <24 hours. I had to have both lower chrome trims replaced on the doors which I ended up having done at the service center after my insurance had a hell of a fight since they wouldn't just sell us the parts. That ended up taking several additional weeks to get done. For the body damage, there are several places around town that can easily handle PDR (paintless dent repair) on the body especially since there are a decent number of cars that are aluminium body panels.

I now have some more dents to have pulled out and I'm working with Hi Tech PDR in Centennial but I do not need any trim replaced this time.

Edit: BTW, my previous repair cost $5600 for the PDR and trim and it would have been more than double at the Tesla certified shops.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of the hail damage to your Tesla. When i took delivery of my Tesla several months ago, i immediately took her over to Colorado Detail for paint protection. Don't know if they do those kinds of repair but they would be worth contacting for a possible referral. The owner, Steve, was very professional and accommodating not to mention the outstanding work that they did on my car. Good luck

Where'd you end up going? I got hail damage last week and need to find a shop.

On Sunday I ran into a hailstorm between Pueblo and Colorado Springs. It cracked the windshield and the back glass roof panel, along with ~40 good sized pockmarks across the body of my Model S.
Colorado Coach in Boulder says they no longer work on Teslas due to the wait time for parts. Stuttgart Autobody in Englewood does work on Teslas but said they are likely booked out until early 2019!

Any suggestions on repair places that can handle Tesla parts and removing dings in aluminum?

PF-Flyer

Where'd you end up going? I got hail damage last week and need to find a shop.
I went to Stuttgart Auto body in Englewood for my hail repair. There were a lot of parts that hard to be ordered which is the slow part (glass roof, windshield, molding, etc.). So it too several months to wait for the parts. I just drove the car until everything was ready and then took it in. It still took a few weeks for the repairs. Stuttgart did a great job of negotiating with the insurance company (State Farm), finding dents that the adjusters had missed, tracking down parts, and keeping me informed on progress. The car looked great when I got it back.

Good to know how to address hail damage in Colorado. We picked up our car in Littleton with 3 miles on the odometer and headed home to Loveland (May 17, 2019). Around Longmont, we hit a hailstorm and we’re looking for a place with cover when the hail subsided. Fortunately, the hail was mostly soft and splatted on impact - but the sound inside our new Tesla was horrific. Luckily, no damage on arrival at home.