TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hand caught in closing door handle

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by GMan324, Aug 21, 2018.

Tags:
?

Have you had your hand pinched in the door handle?

1. Yes

54.2%
  2. No

45.8%
  1. GMan324

GMan324 Member

After having the door handle of my MS close automatically on my hand twice in the 7 months that I have owned the car, I started to wonder, "Is this a common issue?" It never hurt my hand and was easy to tap and reopen. This poll is just for fun, and in no way indicates a real problem, so please no haters.

2. croman

croman Active Member

Happened to me once in 19 months.

3. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

Once in the past 2 years.

4. SSedan

SSedan Member

Friends and family have expressed concern over the last year but hasn't happened.

5. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

Twice in the last five months. Each time, the rear driver’s handle acted alone, which was a sign to me that it was about to give up the ghost. Sure enough, handle died a few weeks ago and the Mobile Ranger replaced it lickity split.

6. Lifeinabox

Lifeinabox Member

Happened twice this year to my kid. He now knows to let daddy open the door.