Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hands-free call quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pdk42

Jul 17, 2019
Leamington
I'm hearing stories of poor audio quality when calling hands-free with the M3. Do any of you UK owners have any views? I've heard complaints of the other party hearing an echo of their own voice and weak/noisy sound from the driver, esp when driving at higher speeds.

If true, I suspect that there is no (or poor) active noise cancellation. That's really not good on a modern car costing £50k!

It’s always been bad in my Model S and any iPhone model I have tried. It’s fine for me but not the person on the other end of the phone saying there is a lot of background noise or I am really quiet (unless it press myself against the microphone in the middle)

I was sitting at a SC the other day taking a call when one of the other parties commented why was someone typing frantically during the call...it only clicked that the mic must have been picking up the heavy rain. I promptly muted my side. Other than that it's all been crystal clear, however still can't drop the habit of having to shout down the line whilst on a call in the car :oops:

[edit] this is an MX, but assume call quality will be similar across the range.