TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hands free phone calling?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Cwsnhri, May 16, 2016.

1. Cwsnhri

Cwsnhri Member

This is basic in a luxury car? But not in the X? Why Not???? When? We should be able to call from the speaker and contact list!

2. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

Yes, you can call from the microphone (not speaker) after your phone is connected via bluetooth. Press and hold the upper right button on the steering wheel and say "Call name-of-contact"

3. Cwsnhri

Cwsnhri Member

Well, I tried and failed! Im connected and pressed and held the face icon in upper right of steering wheel using your phrase and.....
    nothing happened. I see my contacts. but..........................
    Thanks for trying

4. Cwsnhri

Cwsnhri Member

OK. NOW I UNDERSTAND! THE X DOESN'T DIAL THE NUMBER! IT BRINGS IT UP BUT YOU MUST PRESS "DIAL" TO GET IT DONE. THAT'S NOT HANDS FREE DIALING!

5. loganintx

loganintx Member

It is if you use your foot to press the dial button. Remember, when using TACC and AutoSteer your feet are free to do other things.

• Like x 1
  6. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

I guess one advantage of not doing “hands-free” autodialing is that it will bring up your contact information and at that point you can actually press the address field and navigate to the address. Also, if you have multiple phone numbers for a contact, you can select the appropriate number.