Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow 9” screen update file

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am also having the same issue. Support sent me a reply with the "change accessibility settings" solution, but all this does is either force calls through the iPhone speaker or the car. I don't want to use the iPhone speaker - and even if I did, when I do - the audio stays on the iPhone speaker after the call is disconnected. And the car speakers still have the echo. Please post whether 3.9 solves this for you.
Read the below two posts please. Especially the second. I can hear call audio from tesla speakers & participants do not hear their voice echoed back 1.25 seconds laterby following the tips. Hope it helps. many within the thread I mention below have had success.

Last edited:
Read the below two posts please. Especially the second. I can hear call audio from tesla speakers & participants do not hear their voice echoed back 1.25 seconds laterby following the tips. Hope it helps. many within the thread I mention below have had success.

You are a smart person. I now understand why the echo occurs, the bluetooth chain, and mostly how to work around it. It is still a bit clunky that the audio occasionally reverts to coming from the display device, but the pause play sequence on the Tesla fixes that, also a bit clunky that navigation prompts come from the device, but I will learn to live with that for now. I wonder if the 3.9 upgrade available on the verkokappa site fixes this? I am a bit leery upgrading the Hansshow product with that file, but I suspect they are exactly the same device. In a way I wish I had purchased from Verkokappa (cheaper too!) but didn't hear about them until I had already bought and installed this one. Thanks so much @ElectricAnt54 !

• Love
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
It seems my MCU firmware is version 0.1.1

1664163779878.jpeg

I have tried the 3.5 firmware and it pops up and then says incorrect MCU version.
I suspect I need to perform an update from v1 to v2, then v2 to 3.5

Does anyone have the older version of firmware then can DM me the links so I can try and update my 9" unit,

Thanks in advance

Frankly, the ”workaround” in order to use the Hansshow displays is a major problem with the software and while I do like product, I wouldn’t recommend anyone buy one until Hansshow fixes the problem.
Do you have the Hansshow display? Doesn’t seem like a major problem from my experience. I have owned it since February 2022 and use it daily. Issue can not be fixed via software. I’m a software engineer. Bluetooth chain is too long since tesla lacks physical auxiliary audio output port which could directly connect in to console. I assume the workaround you refer to is the need to connect tesla to phone Bluetooth instead of console’s bt-tesla Bluetooth in order to eliminate audio lag which causes callers to hear their voice echoed about 1.25 seconds later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagular
Do you have the Hansshow display? Doesn’t seem like a major problem from my experience. I have owned it since February 2022 and use it daily. Issue can not be fixed via software. I’m a software engineer. Bluetooth chain is too long since tesla lacks physical auxiliary audio output port which could directly connect in to console. I assume the workaround you refer to is the need to connect tesla to phone Bluetooth instead of console’s bt-tesla Bluetooth in order to eliminate audio lag which causes callers to hear their voice echoed about 1.25 seconds later.
Correct. I have the 9’ display installed.

I am sad to learn there is no software fix for this. So I would be wasting my time trying to update the console to the latest firmware v 3.9?

If I understand correctly, the problem is that the phone needs to connect to the console via bt-link in order for CarPlay to work, and subsequently to the car to route the audio to the car system?

I guess I will learn to adapt to all the steps it takes me which are: 1. When I get in the car, I need to make sure that my phone auto connects to CarPlay, sometimes it does not and this requires me forget and reestablish the connection to bt-link. 2. When I start music it starts on the console's mini speaker, which requires a pause/play push on the Tesla screen to switch it to the car audio system.

I keep the phone audio routed via the accessibility setup, and now phone calls seem fine (apparently using the phone mic and the car's speakers), thank goodness. But after a phone call ends, music switches back to the console speaker requiring a pause play sequence. Kind of tedious.

I do like having major parameters like speedometer and battery life in front of me, but sure wish there were a less clunky way to use CarPlay on the Tesla.

You should definitely do a YouTube channel on this - there are a number out there and a lot of misinformation.

I am sad to learn there is no software fix for this. So I would be wasting my time trying to update the console to the latest firmware v 3.9?

If I understand correctly, the problem is that the phone needs to connect to the console via bt-link in order for CarPlay to work, and subsequently to the car to route the audio to the car system?

I guess I will learn to adapt to all the steps it takes me which are: 1. When I get in the car, I need to make sure that my phone auto connects to CarPlay, sometimes it does not and this requires me forget and reestablish the connection to bt-link. 2. When I start music it starts on the console's mini speaker, which requires a pause/play push on the Tesla screen to switch it to the car audio system.

I keep the phone audio routed via the accessibility setup, and now phone calls seem fine (apparently using the phone mic and the car's speakers), thank goodness. But after a phone call ends, music switches back to the console speaker requiring a pause play sequence. Kind of tedious.

I do like having major parameters like speedometer and battery life in front of me, but sure wish there were a less clunky way to use CarPlay on the Tesla.

You should definitely do a YouTube channel on this - there are a number out there and a lot of misinformation.
I think you got the gist of it. When I get in to the car, CarPlay appears automatically on the hansshow display usually within 10 seconds. Sometimes just a few seconds. Only a few times I had to unlink my phone from hansshow in CarPlay settings on phone & link again.

there is a lot of confusion about software versions too. I go by mcu # which follow the pattern of the bin file ending in v0.3.# and v0.3.8 seems to be the latest according to hansshow & verkkoppa. A previous poster mentioned a v3.9 but they also have a totally different product. They had hansshow 10.25” display which is older model based on android OS and 9” is based on Linux.
Here is my device screen with version info if it helps.
9032869D-9DE3-4F10-BCE0-E65C6AFD8AD1.jpeg

This V0.3.70/V0.3.10x version still has the quirky phone call issue. I'm hoping that Hansshow SW firmware engineers can fix the bluetooth routing to use Tesla's mics and speakers for phone calls and iPhone for CarPlay!

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-02 at 1.29.43 PM.jpeg

"A previous poster mentioned a v3.9 but they also have a totally different product. They had hansshow 10.25” display which is older model based on android OS and 9” is based on Linux."

I quoted that Hansshow support refers to my unit as a 10.26 inch unit and is running MCU 3.9 now. This is definitely the newer slimline linux based unit, I have seen the older Android based units and they have a bigger bezel and block more airflow. The Android based units have a menu system that is also very different to these slimline units.

So looking at the screenshots here, there are hardware versions 0.1 0.2 and 0.3 versions for the Linux version and the versions of MCU are not cross compatible.

Reactions: KurtSanders
"A previous poster mentioned a v3.9 but they also have a totally different product. They had hansshow 10.25” display which is older model based on android OS and 9” is based on Linux."

I quoted that Hansshow support refers to my unit as a 10.26 inch unit and is running MCU 3.9 now. This is definitely the newer slimline linux based unit, I have seen the older Android based units and they have a bigger bezel and block more airflow. The Android based units have a menu system that is also very different to these slimline units.

So looking at the screenshots here, there are hardware versions 0.1 0.2 and 0.3 versions for the Linux version and the versions of MCU are not cross compatible.
So odd. I can’t find any mention of a Linux based 10.26” display within hansshow’s www pages. Maybe you bought something which was around before the 9” linux display and not sold anymore 🤷‍♂️ . I bought mine around 3/2022 and don’t recall a 10.26” linux based screen. I really wish hansshow had a web page for each model’s updates. One reason I usually mention the exact display size and OS type in my messages because I know there were android & linux variations with a range of screen sizes.

So odd. I can’t find any mention of a Linux based 10.26” display within hansshow’s www pages. Maybe you bought something which was around before the 9” linux display and not sold anymore 🤷‍♂️ . I bought mine around 3/2022 and don’t recall a 10.26” linux based screen. I really wish hansshow had a web page for each model’s updates. One reason I usually mention the exact display size and OS type in my messages because I know there were android & linux variations with a range of screen sizes.
I only bought mine in August 2022. It is marketed as the 9" linux screen, its just internally they refer to it as 10.26 within their support

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
I did the update, but my mcu # reverted back to 0.3.6 from 0.3.7. I asked if that is correct and they said it is. So not sure if mcu # is even connected to actually version #. The bt serial did change as well. I haven't had the chance to test it yet, but when I do, I'll let you guys know.