Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Model 3 Power Trunk v4 Not Opening or Closing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys.

I installed today Hansshow power trunk v6. After 6 hours following this procedure, I found this thread about the 4 pin to be attached in the black box to make this thing work.
Now, I have 2 problems:

1) When the trunk is closing, the mechanism don't lock the trunk.. I have to manually press to close.

2) The app and the screen always show the trunk open and close sign... And when I leave the car, it doesn't lock automatically therefore. (I have to close manually via the app).
For this second problem I think I have to connect the canbus wire (I haven't connected it yet on purpose).

Can you please help me?

Thank you

Th
Hi guys.

I installed today Hansshow power trunk v6. After 6 hours following this procedure, I found this thread about the 4 pin to be attached in the black box to make this thing work.
Now, I have 2 problems:

1) When the trunk is closing, the mechanism don't lock the trunk.. I have to manually press to close.

2) The app and the screen always show the trunk open and close sign... And when I leave the car, it doesn't lock automatically therefore. (I have to close manually via the app).
For this second problem I think I have to connect the canbus wire (I haven't connected it yet on purpose).

Can you please help me?

Thank you
The canbus wire should be the issue. Cerca di portare il cavo dal portabagagli passandolo sotto il banchetto posteriore e fai la prova ( e lui che comunica con macchina) . Sarà dura passarlo sotto il tappeto ma non impossibile.

Hello folks,
Having trouble with my hansshow V4 trunk on my model 3 LR Performance 2019.
Do you know how to fix this? ..

Thank you
Picture: it stops there when i open the trunk.
When i click the tailgate button it goes another 10-20 cm up.

Attachments

• D703D715-D704-4E21-A344-DFA0C93D8D59.png
    D703D715-D704-4E21-A344-DFA0C93D8D59.png
    832.2 KB · Views: 94
Hi Guys, I have problem with my V3 version of the Hansshow power trunk. It’s for some reason not opening right like it’s losses his memory. I’m curious if your recognize this issue. Last year I had the same issue but that was a strut that need to be replaced. Because it caused a short circuit and my box shot down. This time it’s not shutting down and I can still access it.

Have you talked to them via the Whatsapp? I spoke to them yesterday asking about a missing buzzer and the box having no light and as you have posted its a newer update and buzzer built in and as you reported no indicator light.

My first thought is check the fuse and check the ground to make sure you getting good contact. Please keep following up with this post! I plan to install this weekend my self but now I'm worried
Where is the fuse, thank you!

@TM3Matt Are you still having issues with your trunk?

I had my V4 in for 3 months and now is not opening or closing at all. I can power cycle it and it'll work for a day then stop, power cycle again and it stops working after a short drive. Reached out to their support, let's see what they say.
An old thread I know but how can I go about power cycling it? I have power cycled the car but it didnt seem to fix my recent issue of the trunk no longer opening when pressing the outer button (after software version 2024.2.2.1) Can I power cycle the trunk control box seperately somehow?

An old thread I know but how can I go about power cycling it? I have power cycled the car but it didnt seem to fix my recent issue of the trunk no longer opening when pressing the outer button (after software version 2024.2.2.1) Can I power cycle the trunk control box seperately somehow?
Couldn’t you just unplug the power cable from the ECU?

Couldn’t you just unplug the power cable from the ECU?
I could if I knew where the ECU was. I bought this car second hand and got this issue after the latest update so I havnt installed this product myself. I was hoping there would be some simple way to "reboot" it for example but I guess I gotta start digging around in my trunk.

There are also software updates you can do to the ecu module so I might give that a go as well if I have to dig up the ECU and find some update files