Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Rear Screen Audio Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed the 7" Hansshow rear screen climate/entertainment and I dig it. I know it doesn't support bluetooth headphones, but does anyone know if it will output audio using USB headphones on the data port on the left?
I was curious about this as well. I got a USB to 3.5mm headphone jack and can confirm it does not output audio to the headphones. The device does recognize that the headset is plugged in (I used my iPhone headphones which have both headphones and a microphone). At the top of the screen, where you can see the bluetooth status, wifi activity, etc, an icon of a headset appears. Additionally, the play / pause button on the headset will cause the Youtube video to stop or start. So it is recognizing the headphones, but I hear no audio coming from the headphones. Also, using the volume change buttons do not seem to do anything. Maybe it is changing some volume, but without any audio out to the headphones, it doesn't have any meaningful effect.

Also, I tested both with a standard usb A to 3.5mm headphone port, as well as a USB-A to microUSB port, with a microUSB OTG adapter, with the USB A to 3.5mm port plugged in (I wasn't sure if the OTG adapter would make a difference). Both exhibited the behavior above.

Anyone know if we can get developer access to this Android device to change additional settings?

Hopefully we can figure this out, or get a software update to enable Bluetooth headphone support.

Reactions: ThaiBruin