Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation voice with Hansshow audio upgrade muffled since 2023.26.7 upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@sabretooth
I can't thank you enough for your research and fix.
My wife was up my back with the missing voice in the tesla, but I didn't want to lose the subwoofer.

What I did was not to snip the existing wires but to add these clips that add a wire to an existing one.
Like this, I don't lose anything, and I gain the voice which has gone mute a few months ago.

I can confirm that on a model 3 2021 which doesn't have speakers in the back this fix works great!

Thanks again Sabretooth

Attachments

• 20240120_205501.jpg
    20240120_205501.jpg
    564.3 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: kaimanson
@sabretooth
My wife was up my back with the missing voice in the tesla, but I didn't want to lose the subwoofer.

What I did was not to snip the existing wires but to add these clips that add a wire to an existing one.
Like this, I don't lose anything, and I gain the voice which has gone mute a few months ago.

I can confirm that on a model 3 2021 which doesn't have speakers in the back this fix works great!

Thanks again Sabretooth
Awesome thank you both. We know that there a fix at least. Will try to post this fix on my YouTube video.

One more thing to add...
Not sure if it only affects me, but last night when I was driving home I wanted to activate the fsd but the system was unable to activate it, and when the alert sound came out of the speakers I nearly had a heart attack. For some reason that specific sound was REALLY LOUD. It was so loud that the speakers were cracking over. Not sure if this has to do with my specific way of fixing the harness.

@sabretooth Could you do me a favour and listen to loud music? Since I did my fix I get some horrible cracking noises on my front speakers when I listen to loud music. Like 60% volume, that wasn't an issue before the fix.
Not sure if it has to do that I didn't cut the existing cables and added the connection to the existing ones.
Cheers

@sabretooth

Thanks again Sabretooth

Would you mind posting some more photos or using an existing photo to mark up exactly what you connected to where? I think there are two wires involved here but I can’t tell if they are unpopulated positions in the two harnesses or a wire needs to be cut or if something needs to be re-routed?

@SwissCanuck no issues pumping up the volume really loudly.

@sygyzy
So if you look back at my post with the pictures, you'll see the two plugs. On the right hand plug, the two wires are just loose and have the ends cut off. Lets call these A & B.

On the left plug, the wires (lets call them C & D) are soldered and disappear into the harness. You can see they're soldered because they have that black heatshrink on them. I desoldered C & D, connecting the "harness" side of the desoldered wires to A & B. I then covered the wires on the "plug" side of C & D with some heatshrink to make sure they didn't short on anything.

Does that help?

Reactions: kaimanson