Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow support only via WhatsApp?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need a software update for my old Hansshow touch screen, and I am being told the only way I can get it is to contact the engineers on WhatsApp? I guess I am being a reproductive appendage for thinking this is a load of crap, but I don't feel the need to download another communications app to my phone just to get a software update... this is what email is for!

Keith

I need a software update for my old Hansshow touch screen, and I am being told the only way I can get it is to contact the engineers on WhatsApp? I guess I am being a reproductive appendage for thinking this is a load of crap, but I don't feel the need to download another communications app to my phone just to get a software update... this is what email is for!

Keith

Perhaps message member @topboxman here. From their posts, they seem to have extremely good response time from Hansshow, and get unreleased firmware from them, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056

Hansshow already uploaded latest and greatest released firmware to their web site. Follow directions from above link. Full instructions is in post #45.

I suggest to read the whole thread. It's pretty informative.

FYI, you can use your desktop computer to use Whatsapp. You need to download into your phone first and then link your phone with your desktop computer. I suggest to Google for instructions on how to use Whatsapp with your desktop computer.

Peter

Hansshow already uploaded latest and greatest released firmware to their web site. Follow directions from above link. Full instructions is in post #45.

I suggest to read the whole thread. It's pretty informative.

FYI, you can use your desktop computer to use Whatsapp. You need to download into your phone first and then link your phone with your desktop computer. I suggest to Google for instructions on how to use Whatsapp with your desktop computer.

Peter

Is that thread relevant for "Old hansshow touchscreen" which is what @Fourdoor said they wanted firmware for?

I misunderstood. The thread I linked is NOT for touchscreen displays. It's for the Ultra Mini Display Screen which does not have touchscreen. Disregard my post but follow my suggestion on how to use Whatsapp with desktop computer so you can download firmware update files in your desktop computer.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Peter

I misunderstood. The thread I linked is NOT for touchscreen displays. It's for the Ultra Mini Display Screen which does not have touchscreen. Disregard my post but follow my suggestion on how to use Whatsapp with desktop computer so you can download firmware update files in your desktop computer.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Peter

I just hate downloading and configuring an app to my phone that I will literally never use again just to do something that they should just be able to do via e-mail.

You have given better advice than the people at Hansshow so far, no need to apologize :)

Keith <---- grumpy old man who doesn't want to mess with useless apps

PS: Interestingly the problem I am looking to fix is similar to one mentioned in your thread... the headlights now display as high beams on with just the headlights on, switching to high beams has no effect on what is displayed. This is a new problem I noticed after one of my recent Tesla updates.

Last edited:
Keith,

Exactly which Hansshow touchscreen display are you referring? Hansshow offers 8.8", 9.0" and 10.25" touchscreen displays. If you look carefully at each device at their web site, they have firmware updates for you to download. These firmware updates should fix headlights status display issues. It's under "Troubleshooting" tab.

It looks like the firmware update at Hansshow web site is only for 9" touchscreen display.

If you can't find them, let me know and I will show you screenshots.

Whatsapp is actually pretty cool. You can make international phone calls using WiFi for free. It also acts like text messaging as well but better because you can use a computer or laptop and easily attached files and images. Give it a try. Whatsapp is owned by Facebook.

Peter

Last edited:
Keith,

Exactly which Hansshow touchscreen display are you referring? Hansshow offers 8.8", 9.0" and 10.25" touchscreen displays. If you look carefully at each device at their web site, they have firmware updates for you to download. These firmware updates should fix headlights status display issues. It's under "Troubleshooting" tab.

It looks like the firmware update at Hansshow web site is only for 9" touchscreen display.

If you can't find them, let me know and I will show you screenshots.

Whatsapp is actually pretty cool. You can make international phone calls using WiFi for free. It also acts like text messaging as well but better because you can use a computer or laptop and easily attached files and images. Give it a try. Whatsapp is owned by Facebook.

Peter

It is none of the screens that they have available now. It was the android based 10 inch touch screen with front camera support but no sim card. Actual screen size is smaller than the new units due to the bezel being THICK on the old screen. You can see the screen I have on i1tesla video's from a year or so ago. He actually pulls out the old screen to show the difference in bezel thickness when he puts the new screen in in one of his new video's.

Keith

I have been texting back and forth with Hansshow now since November 21st about how my power frunk suddenly stopped working. The texts come in waves. I text them photographs and exact details of my problem and three days later I get a question that have already explained in detail. Couple of days later I get a response asking for a photograph or a video, at which time I immediately reply back. Couple of days later I get another response that I have already explained at length. Problem still not resolved, just waiting for another question from them that I have already answered. I am under the impression that they just do not want to help me. Save your money and don't buy anything from them. The customer support with this company is the worse I have ever experienced in my life.

Reactions: MyEarHurts
I have been texting back and forth with Hansshow now since November 21st about how my power frunk suddenly stopped working. The texts come in waves. I text them photographs and exact details of my problem and three days later I get a question that have already explained in detail. Couple of days later I get a response asking for a photograph or a video, at which time I immediately reply back. Couple of days later I get another response that I have already explained at length. Problem still not resolved, just waiting for another question from them that I have already answered. I am under the impression that they just do not want to help me. Save your money and don't buy anything from them. The customer support with this company is the worse I have ever experienced in my life.
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. When I first received my Ultra Mini Display Screen, I immediately noticed some issues and they sent me several firmware updates until the last update worked. All communications were done via WhatsApp. I used my desktop PC to download firmware files instead of cell phone. Then they uploaded the same firmware updates to their web sites for others to download.

Peter

I agree, all they do is ask questions non stop to try to get you to fix their quality control issues. Hannshow is known for being crappy, both in products and service. I know others are going to cry/whine how great their Hanshit products are and didn't have issues but I've personally have had issues and known/read multiple people that have issues in general. Stay away.

When I ordered my screen, I also ordered a steering wheel, I was supposed to get a discount on both, but it was only applied to the screen. They wanted me to continue with the original purchase, then send that wheel back to them and re-order it with the discount. I wasn't born yesterday, and told them so (in a polite way) and that I just wanted to cancel the order and re-order immediately to get my discount. After going back and forth with them for over a week, I concluded that they were trying to "run out the clock" on my being able to file a dispute with PayPal. After I came to that conclusion I filled the dispute with PayPal (I screen shotted all of my chat sessions with Hansshow and sent them to PayPal) and got my refund that way and ordered my steering wheel from Alibabba at a significantly lower price.

I love my screen, but there is virtually zero tech support and I don't expect to get my problem resolved. It isn't a bad enough problem to get me to switch screens at this point, but if I want a different screen in the future I would go with a different company due to the tech support horror stories as well as my own customer service / tech support issues. Really happy that I went with a different company for my Power Frunk opening system.

Keith

Last edited:
OK. Give it some time and ping again if no response. It took several days for them to initially respond.

Peter

Read my above response to Billy about my customer service experiences... they have already lost me as a customer, I am just trying to fix a problem with an existing (and expensive) purchase. Doing tech support via a crappy phone app is ridiculous in the first place, then to find out that they don't bother to respond even when you use the system they insist on unless you pester them multiple times is beyond infuriating.

Keith

PS: IF they come up with an innovative product, I will wait for a competitor to copy it... then I will purchase from the competitor.

I'm sorry about your experience with Hansshow.

Before I bought my Ultra Mini Display Screen, I researched many different brands for several months and found Hansshow displays were better than others as reported by YouTube reviewers. There was one that looked very cool and nice, it included two-halves dashboard and the display was part of the dashboard but the YouTube reviewer said the software was buggy and never got firmware upgrades so he returned it for a refund. For example, every time a brake pedal was pressed, both turn signals were always flashing like hazard warning flashing. It stops flashing when brake pedal was released.

You may have a hard time finding a better display than Hansshow. Be sure to watch YouTube reviews first.

Peter

Unfortunately, the majority of Hansshow YouTube "reviews" are not reviews at all. They are people receiving free products to make YouTube videos and there is often a motivation to try to get more free product so these videos are often biased. I've also found out the hard way that defective items only get warranty/refund if they are shipped back to them and costs from North America to China are prohibitive but I think they know that.

The Ultra Mini Display is nice but it is not manufactured by Hansshow. There are many sellers that carry it including amazon, ali, and various Tesla accessory sellers. If you don't care about post sales support buy it from Ali as it is likely the cheapest. If you do care about post sales support buy it from someone that provides paid shipping for returns.