Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow vs Tesla Offer Power Frunk/Trunk - which one to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The alert has been present ever since getting the v2.5 kit. The alert only shows in service mode under service alerts, so you won’t see it under the normal service menu or notifications.
Must be something different about my config I guess, though couldn’t tell you what. I’ve never had any alerts in service mode or otherwise about trunk lights.

My 3.0 kit turned up today, when EVOffer did finally ship it it arrived very quickly. Looks pretty daunting to fit. ☹️

Reactions: Whateverdude
EVOffer have confirmed that the loom to the trunk lights aren’t needed once the Toolbox config is updated. Looks like I have a bit more work to do to remove the buzzer and reconnect the lights to the OEM loom. This will remove the soft alert from the service menu that thinks the lights aren’t working.
I noticed these alerts recently when I was in service mode during my Toolbox config a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for sharing. I will revert back to original connections based on this info. Did EVOffer explain why this was needed prior to the Toolbox config changes?

Must be something different about my config I guess, though couldn’t tell you what. I’ve never had any alerts in service mode or otherwise about trunk lights.

My 3.0 kit turned up today, when EVOffer did finally ship it it arrived very quickly. Looks pretty daunting to fit. ☹️
It’s possible that when your kit was fitted the person who fitted it didn’t bother attaching the loom to the trunk lights.

It looks harder than it is. The risk of something going wrong is low, but the impact is high if it does as you know. If you’re careful and patient you’ll be fine.

I noticed these alerts recently when I was in service mode during my Toolbox config a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for sharing. I will revert back to original connections based on this info. Did EVOffer explain why this was needed prior to the Toolbox config changes?
No, I suspect it’s to mitigate behaviour between the lights and the tailgate operation.

OEM as in the parts Tesla provide for the retrofit, or retrofit of the OEM powered trunk? Or the EVOffer 3.0 one?
I installed an official OEM Tesla power trunk retrofit
One you would get from the service center.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240305_182755_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_182755_eBay.jpg
    658.4 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Durzel
So they actually just gave you the kit to fit yourself? Nice.

I know what I would guess but I think it would be as good as anyone else's. So I'd recommend getting input from Tesla directly on it.

I'm not planning on delving into Toolbox anytime soon, but if you can't wait then your best bet is to create an EU/UK service account with a different email address. You'd be able to access 1-hour for about £40 before conversion fees.

So they actually just gave you the kit to fit yourself? Nice.

I know what I would guess but I think it would be as good as anyone else's. So I'd recommend getting input from Tesla directly on it.

I'm not planning on delving into Toolbox anytime soon, but if you can't wait then your best bet is to create an EU/UK service account with a different email address. You'd be able to access 1-hour for about £40 before conversion fees.
Yeah actually Tesla refused for me to even purchase the kit/parts from them.
Somehow I found an entire Tesla OEM retrofit kit available on eBay don't know how the guy sourced it but I bought it up for $500.

Not sure if I want to make another email account and sign up for another Tesla account and whatnot.

Is there a UK specific forum or anything I can hit up anyone for?

Somehow I found an entire Tesla OEM retrofit kit available on eBay don't know how the guy sourced it but I bought it up for $500.
I see...would be interesting to see the difference between the OEM and aftermarket kit. Where does the ECU go and how do you get to the CANBUS?

Is there a UK specific forum or anything I can hit up anyone for?

There is a UK&I sub forum you can search for, but the members in that region likely to be using Toolbox are probably in this thread anyway. I might be wrong though.

Reactions: davidalindsey
I see...would be interesting to see the difference between the OEM and aftermarket kit. Where does the ECU go and how do you get to the CANBUS?

There is a UK&I sub forum you can search for, but the members in that region likely to be using Toolbox are probably in this thread anyway. I might be wrong though.
ECU goes right behind the passenger tail light on a bracket that comes with the kit.
Canbus is just like any other aftermarket kit I'm sure, plugs into the rear center console.
This video was actually very helpful for installing:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240410_191213_ReVanced Extended.jpg
    Screenshot_20240410_191213_ReVanced Extended.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20240410_191141_ReVanced Extended.jpg
    Screenshot_20240410_191141_ReVanced Extended.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: doats1 and Durzel