Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Power Frunk (hansshow)not working thread...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its been awhile since i posted since the car just works... I have a 2019 M3 with a Hansshow Frunk v2 ?? kit and it just died after about 3 years.

• Wondering if anybody else had theirs die recently, software updates?
I have power at the brain box but no power coming out to the struts. The hood release works both ways (locking and unlocking) and shows accurate on the instrument console. How can i test the opening/closing signal? There is a red led on the box anyone know if thats normal?

thx
bondo

Same thing with mine on my 2022 X. Was washing the car this weekend and tried to open the frunk, and the power struts won’t lift or close. It still unlatches to operate manually. I probably only used it less than 10 times since install before it failed. Will dig into it this weekend

Reactions: PreguntsAnswrs
Same thing with mine on my 2022 X. Was washing the car this weekend and tried to open the frunk, and the power struts won’t lift or close. It still unlatches to operate manually. I probably only used it less than 10 times since install before it failed. Will dig into it this weekend
let me know what u find..
I unplugged everything and replugged, powerered it off for a bit the repowered it, checked the wiring harness for obvious damage. No Joy.
BTW support says the Red led is normally on, just says it has power.

Just a update - Hansshow support is silent at this point. Been 4 days since i sent the "video" they wanted. Just wanted everyone to know what u get when you deal with them.

Not going 100% flamethrower yet and hopefully they'll respond and get back to me.

Reactions: PreguntsAnswrs
Just a update - Hansshow support is silent at this point. Been 4 days since i sent the "video" they wanted. Just wanted everyone to know what u get when you deal with them.

Not going 100% flamethrower yet and hopefully they'll respond and get back to me.
I’m sorry that’s happening. Did you buy from Hansshow website or Amazon? Did Hanshow provide a recommended installer you can take this to?

Mines is from hansshow and mines was in the water proof boot they supplied. I installed but as i said it was fine for multiple years.

I went throught their official support channel(s) but its been 2 weeks now with out a peep. At this point im ripping it out and im gonna say dont buy one as the support blows and they wont stand behind the product.

Hansshow is usually reasonably responsive if they believe they can fix your issue without any hardware replacement (ie., no cost to them other than time). The fact they've ghosted you likely means they believe it's a hardware issue and they don't want to incur any costs to replace it.

Reactions: Durzel