Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow vs Tesla Offer Power Frunk/Trunk - which one to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You’re fighting a losing battle if you try to get Tesla to retrofit this. It’s not something they’ve done outside of China.

In fairness they’ve been pretty consistent with this message.
That's the thing - it IS an official retrofit outside of China now, only not for cars with a white CAN bus connector, because whatever loom they've created for this retrofit kit is made for the later one that was blue.

To be fair to Tesla - no one knows for absolute certain that there isn't something else about the pre-late 2019 cars that makes it incompatible, but it is known that this retrofit plugs into the CAN bus behind the front seats, so logically involves a Y-connector splicing the new hardware into the car.

Hi, just wanted to update that I successfully managed to fully integrate my EVOffer Mark 3.0 Trunk kit to my 2019 Model 3 with HW3 this morning.
The screen and app open/close commands are now the same as for the cars delivered with electric trunk.

I spent some time researching on forums, YT etc. but in short, this is what’s needed for the job:
- Download and install latest FW from EVOffer (currently 3T mk3.0 updateA20302)
- Get a diagnostic cable from eBay/Amazon
- Prepare laptop with manual IP, Chrome settings etc (details in prevous posts in this thread)
- Subscribe for 1 hour Toolbox access (takes about 5-10 minutes to do the config so plenty of time)
In the Toolbox menu you need to change the «powerLiftgateType» and there are 3 options:
- NOT_INSTALLED
Manual liftgate installed

- TESLA_REV1
Powered liftgate installed

- HUADE_REV1
Discrete Huade power liftgate ECU retrofitted

My car was originally configured NOT_INSTALLED and I changed it to HUADE_REV1
I was tempted to test TESLA_REV1 option to see what would happen, but decided to not push my luck as everything now works the way I wanted.

Being able to do this based on information on this forum is fantastic. Thanks for sharing info and experiences.
And a special thanks to @doats1 for great info on how to navigate in Toolbox to find the necessary «powerLiftgateType» settings.
Hi,
I'm trying to keep myself to do the toolkit but just wanted to know where actually should I go in the toolkit to make the changes? I haven't purchased it yet so wanted to make sure I don't get lost. Also by the way, how much was it for 1 hr access?

Hi,
I'm trying to keep myself to do the toolkit but just wanted to know where actually should I go in the toolkit to make the changes? I haven't purchased it yet so wanted to make sure I don't get lost. Also by the way, how much was it for 1 hr access?
Hi some useful links I used for general Toolbox info:

You want to navigate to Dashboard, infotainment dashboard , vehicle information. Find powerliftgatetype and change, then apply changes.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Hi some useful links I used for general Toolbox info:

You want to navigate to Dashboard, infotainment dashboard , vehicle information. Find powerliftgatetype and change, then apply changes.
Thanks so much for this, I'll definitely take a look. I saw that on the website there wasn't access for an hour only daily for $165 USD. Is there a more purchase option right before I buy?

Has anyone who has installed a EVOffer kit and modified the software to indicate the retrofit noticed if their car is having any sleeping problems? Some users on the forum who have gotten the official retrofit are reporting that their cars aren't sleeping correctly. Probably a hardware issue since if it's unplugged from the canbus it goes away, but maybe software? 🤷‍♂️

Has anyone who has installed a EVOffer kit and modified the software to indicate the retrofit noticed if their car is having any sleeping problems? Some users on the forum who have gotten the official retrofit are reporting that their cars aren't sleeping correctly. Probably a hardware issue since if it's unplugged from the canbus it goes away, but maybe software? 🤷‍♂️
I have the EVOffer Mark 3.0 kit. And performed the retrofit config on my car recently. I haven’t noticed any changes to my cars sleeping pattern after the config.
It’s so long ago, that I don’t remember if installing the kit itself made any changes to my cars sleeping pattern in the first place. Maybe others can answer on that.

I get power from the right hand side footwell areas as recommended by EVOffer.
The Tesla retrofit kit get power as far as I know from behind the rear bumper on a plug that is originally used for the trailer hitch electronics. Maybe that causes the sleep issues you refer to?

I've installed the 3.0 kit and my next step is to use Toolbox to update the config. Here in the States we can only get it for a whole day. Silly and way more expensive. Does anyone here on the forums have contacts or connections with anyone who might do it for cheaper than 165 dollars?

I've installed the 3.0 kit and my next step is to use Toolbox to update the config. Here in the States we can only get it for a whole day. Silly and way more expensive. Does anyone here on the forums have contacts or connections with anyone who might do it for cheaper than 165 dollars?
In theory you could tap up anyone in the UK (maybe Europe?) who can buy the 1 hour subscription, and then get them to dial in to a laptop that you have plugged into your car, and log in with their own credentials. You could probably go halves with someone who is looking to do this on their own car over here.

Only issue is the time difference really.

I'm still waiting for my 3.0 retrofit kit to be shipped by EVOffer, sadly.

In theory you could tap up anyone in the UK (maybe Europe?) who can buy the 1 hour subscription, and then get them to dial in to a laptop that you have plugged into your car, and log in with their own credentials. You could probably go halves with someone who is looking to do this on their own car over here.

Only issue is the time difference really.

I'm still waiting for my 3.0 retrofit kit to be shipped by EVOffer, sadly.
I wasn't sure if the different regions might affect this or not. I'd be willing to give it a shot though.

Oh right. Well, assuming the person with the 1 hour subscription logs into their account, unless they have it locked down by geolocation then I presume it would just accept whatever happens to be plugged in. Only one way to find out I guess :)

It's quite a bit cheaper in the UK, mainly because of the 1 hour option. No idea why that isn't available in the States.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 17.17.25.png

Oh right. Well, assuming the person with the 1 hour subscription logs into their account, unless they have it locked down by geolocation then I presume it would just accept whatever happens to be plugged in. Only one way to find out I guess :)

It's quite a bit cheaper in the UK, mainly because of the 1 hour option. No idea why that isn't available in the States.

View attachment 1029289
Absolutely! Now somebody in the UK just has to actually get their upgrade.

Getting a bit cheesed off with EVOffer now :(

I placed an order for this retrofit kit back at the start of February. In about a weeks time it will be 2 months since I placed the order. One can reasonably assume it’ll take almost another month to actually get here once it does ship (I didn’t pay for expedited shipping as it was considerably more, and didn’t think I’d need to).

Whilst initially responsive on Telegram, I haven’t had a reply from them since 21/03. Admittedly that wasn’t that long ago, but again - ~2 months past the point I placed an order and paid in full. It costs nothing for them to give me an update.

Don’t really know what to do at this point - they are the only source for the retrofit kit, which I am keen on getting, and they have only one way of contacting them. Raymond doesn’t seem to reply to anything directly anymore, as far as I can tell. Doesn’t instil me with much confidence.

Getting a bit cheesed off with EVOffer now :(

I placed an order for this retrofit kit back at the start of February. In about a weeks time it will be 2 months since I placed the order. One can reasonably assume it’ll take almost another month to actually get here once it does ship (I didn’t pay for expedited shipping as it was considerably more, and didn’t think I’d need to).

Whilst initially responsive on Telegram, I haven’t had a reply from them since 21/03. Admittedly that wasn’t that long ago, but again - ~2 months past the point I placed an order and paid in full. It costs nothing for them to give me an update.

Don’t really know what to do at this point - they are the only source for the retrofit kit, which I am keen on getting, and they have only one way of contacting them. Raymond doesn’t seem to reply to anything directly anymore, as far as I can tell. Doesn’t instil me with much confidence.
Do you not have tracking information? I can see mine landed in the UK today so I’m hoping it gets delivered this week.