Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Happy 10 year birthday!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I share this deligthful moment with you friends. Nice to realize that my nice Roadster has sort of grown up!

I mean many cars go to heaven when they become 20. So it maybe is in the middelaged then?

Or for beeing a modern electric car its definately becoming a veteran!

D69B575F-9149-4B73-85E3-B16C07CC9976.jpeg

Planning for my car's birthday next year, but am suspicious about the date. The plaque says 1-January 2010. Were they really assembling cars on New Year's Day? Is that better or worse than a "Monday car" (it was a Friday)?

Planning for my car's birthday next year, but am suspicious about the date. The plaque says 1-January 2010. Were they really assembling cars on New Year's Day? Is that better or worse than a "Monday car" (it was a Friday)?

It was very slooow workers doing the job. So they probably did it very carefully and with a bit trembling hands and a lot of waterbreaks.

Reactions: gregd
I’d be pretty interested to hear about the quirks/maintenance/depreciation that comes as a result of your long term EV ownership.

The early guys hold invaluable amounts of the data about the longevity expectations we can have for the future cars.

I’d be pretty interested to hear about the quirks/maintenance/depreciation that comes as a result of your long term EV ownership.

The early guys hold invaluable amounts of the data about the longevity expectations we can have for the future cars.
Actually a pretty boring report. 11 years and 55,000 miles with two issues. The accelerator pedal circuit was replaced under warranty and the High Voltage controller went out on my dime, or rather $1400. Then I had tires as the Roadster can eat tires like no other if you get into it. Then some normal items, new TPMS, new trunk struts, coolant and brake fluids replaced. So not bad for a first generation car. The brakes are still good as are all other parts on the car.

During 10 years nu dramatic. Ordinary service, brakes all around due to car been driven so little. (Only 11500km in 10 years) Window lift motor replaced. TPMS standard issues.

And finally a replacement by the PEM that started failing when Tesla had it in their care (service). So they took responsibility of the fault and changed it for free.