Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hard Reset: Regen issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my previous post about my trailer hitch installation... After complete, the car wouldn't 'see' any of the sensors. The place I took it to performed a "hard reset" which entailed disconnection of the 12v power and then rebooting the car.

All the sensors work, was able to use Auto Pilot on way home, etc.

But regen - at first, it felt like it wasn't even there. But it's def there, and I was def able to 1-pedal at various points on my way home. But there were other times where I had to use the brake in situations where I def would not have in the past.

Question: After a hard reset, does it take a while for the car to 'dial in' to your driving style and for regen to act more aggressively? Only 2 settings as we know, low and standard. It's def on standard, checked multiple times.

Thoughts? Not worried, but kinda perplexed.

Correct, SOC is <90. And as I said, I know regen was working, I could single-pedal drive at slower speeds. But if I was > say 45 and let off the accelerator, it didn't slow down much or as hard as it used to. So much I thought regen was in a "low" mode. it is not.

Current range (per app) is 105 mi, so ~43%, and this was a 10 mi drive back from the body shop.

After dinner, I took the Model 3 for a 15 mi test route - up hills, down hills (regen) highway speeds (55 US hwy) and local traffic.

All is good. Yeah!

I think it's the mental aspect of taking your car to the shop then wondering if it's working properly again. With the hard reset, my seats and mirrors were wrong, so I was all discombobulated from the start and was rushing to get home. Prob accelerating faster into traffic, then wondering why the car didn't slow as fast as I expected.

Couple that with a ride an electric motorcycle that I have set for very high regen, I'm confident this was all in my head.