Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hard time deciding between Model S and Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 60 was the best deal for a local only MX but they took that way. Based on my experience with the MSs, the 90 is the only mx that makes sense. The MX is an energy hog on the interstate and the price difference is not that big ( you are already paying an insane amount anyway ). Good luck. You will love the car no matter what you decide. Congrats.

UPDATE:

So I finally went ahead and did it. I ordered the Model X. I'm both incredibly exciting and scared shitless too. I've never bought a car even half this amount before.

Here's the package:
-X75D
-Solid Black Paint
-20" Silver Wheels
-Multi-Pattern Black Seats
-Dark Ash Wood Décor
-Light Headliner
-Six Seat Interior
-Supercharger Enabled
-Enhanced Autopilot
-Full Self-Driving Capability (may remove, still deciding)
-Subzero Weather Package
-Towing Package

I have 7 days to cancel, so either talk me out of it or let me know if I'm going to be happy as heck once this car finally comes!

Thanks again to all who posted in this thread. Every comment was very helpful

-ND
I'd change to the obsidian black... Looks much better than standard. I also like the black Headliner better but that's a personal preference too. Pearl white and blue are amazing as well for paint, but I'm sure you have looked at them.

Id ditch self driving for now. Ditto for cold weather pkg, as you will remote preheat usually anyway, and the nozzle defrosters don't do much. Unless you love a heated steering wheel or your rear passengers love heated seats, its not needed. I never even use my front heated seats.

Textile seats are great.

Towing good for resale value even if you never use it.

Does anyone have standard sound on an X? Sounds great on my S. Just curious.

Congrats!

Dang it, you guys got me thinking now about the 90D now. Loan financing comes out to around $140/month extra for the 90D. Not a whole lot for a alleviating range anxiety and some extra performance. My longest commute one day per week is 130 mile round trip but also requires net 1000 feet in elevation over a mountain where the temp in the winter could be as low as 10F. EV trip planner says that I can do that trip in the winter with about 10 kw/h to spare by the time I head home avg 409 wh/mile, which I figure leaves me about 20 to 25 miles. Is that cutting it close?

Consensus? Stick with 75D or quickly ask my DS to change to the 90D? I may be a doctor but I still have a mortgage and student loans to pay off.

Reactions: wesley888
Dang it, you guys got me thinking now about the 90D now. Loan financing comes out to around $140/month extra for the 90D. Not a whole lot for a alleviating range anxiety and some extra performance. My longest commute one day per week is 130 mile round trip but also requires net 1000 feet in elevation over a mountain where the temp in the winter could be as low as 10F. EV trip planner says that I can do that trip in the winter with about 10 kw/h to spare by the time I head home avg 409 wh/mile, which I figure leaves me about 20 to 25 miles. Is that cutting it close?

Consensus? Stick with 75D or quickly ask my DS to change to the 90D? I may be a doctor but I still have a mortgage and student loans to pay off.

I'd say 90. 1) So you have flexibility for the unexpected trips that may be needed, and 2) for higher resale value if you aren't going to keep the car say 10 year. It'll still have more range and the buyer market will be a lot larger when EV ranges are compared more with competition even.

1. Go compare black and tan headliners. I think black looks much better.
2. Ditch self-driving option. They won't be driving themselves for 3+ years.
3. If you listen to music and enjoy it, the upgraded sound system is VERY good. Better than what we had in Porsche, BMW, Merc, and 2014 Model S.

Congrats!

Also, sorry to repeat this if have before or someone else did.

Go with the black headliner for sure IMHO.

I've seen several used lighter headliners when I was looking around and noticed around driver door they were typically worn/stained, and around entrance head/roof area of FWDs they were stained. Alcantara can be cleaned but it isn't easy and if not done right it can show a wear on the fabric easily. The headliner is in spots where peoples hands will naturally touch getting in and out, heads will brush against (oil) and you will rub getting in/out as well.

1. Go compare black and tan headliners. I think black looks much better.
2. Ditch self-driving option. They won't be driving themselves for 3+ years.
3. If you listen to music and enjoy it, the upgraded sound system is VERY good. Better than what we had in Porsche, BMW, Merc, and 2014 Model S.

Congrats!
I'm a little nutty that I like dark seats and light headliner so it doesn't feel like a cave. I spent about 2 hours test driving and sitting in all different models in my local store a few weeks back.

I'm a little nutty that I like dark seats and light headliner so it doesn't feel like a cave. I spent about 2 hours test driving and sitting in all different models in my local store a few weeks back.
I will go against the grain on the headliner, I compared the black with the tan and the black was to dark. It felt like you were in a cave, so love the tan it just feels more open and have had no problems with staining or dirt.

Also, sorry to repeat this if have before or someone else did.

Go with the black headliner for sure IMHO.

I've seen several used lighter headliners when I was looking around and noticed around driver door they were typically worn/stained, and around entrance head/roof area of FWDs they were stained. Alcantara can be cleaned but it isn't easy and if not done right it can show a wear on the fabric easily. The headliner is in spots where peoples hands will naturally touch getting in and out, heads will brush against (oil) and you will rub getting in/out as well.

OTOH, my MS had black seats and light headliner. On one occasion ice cream splattered all over the headliner. Tried to clean it myself unsuccessfully. We left it there for weeks. My local detail shop cleaned it in about 15 min.

I think you will be fine with a light headliner. Just let the professionals clean it prn.