Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hardwire a cigarette plug accessory into the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks, I've been using this LED footwell light system for a few months now that plugs into the cigarette lighter; I've noticed that whenever I leave the car, the lights stay on, witch obviously leads to bad battery drainage. I'm wondering if anyone has found a wire they can tap into like a normal car, so they can wire the lights into the car rather than the cig port. That way it would hypothetically turn off when you leave the car. If not that, maybe a way to turn off the cigarette port when the car is off? I don't know, but for now though, I guess it's no footwell lights for me.

• Love
Reactions: PNWLeccy
I bought rgb lights that plug into the cigarette port that change color for the front and back seats, the standard lights wont do that unfortunately
Ah, ok. As far as I know there’s no way to bypass 12v system because it’s monitored and if you do, it will kick an error. That’s just my understanding and I could be wrong though.

But if you just want one different color, Abstract ocean sells replacement LEDs that are pretty easy to install.

Ah, ok. As far as I know there’s no way to bypass 12v system because it’s monitored and if you do, it will kick an error. That’s just my understanding and I could be wrong though.

But if you just want one different color, Abstract ocean sells replacement LEDs that are pretty easy to install.
Do you know if they plug directly into the existing footwell lights? Because if so i’d consider that because then at least they’d turn off :p

Do you know if they plug directly into the existing footwell lights? Because if so i’d consider that because then at least they’d turn off :p
Yeah, they do. They look exactly the same as the OEM lights and plug directly in as a replacement. I replaced the trunk lights and glove box light and they are significantly better. They have two different versions (one for footwells, one for other lights) so make sure you get the footwell lights.

Pick and Mix LED Lights - Pick and Mix LED Lights Model 3 - Abstract Ocean